Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by REPO Man »

I'm hoping to do a Halloween movie night (if I'm off) but the kids will be trunk or treating so I'll have to conjure up a FUCKTON of candy to get them to bail on trunk or treating early so I can screen either Hocus Pocus or Trick 'r Treat. Ideally I'd be able to screen the latter but realistically I'd have to screen the former, and since the kids have no doubt seen it hundreds of times I'm not as willing to show it over something they've hopefully never seen before.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Ziggy587 wrote:Damn! Is it customary in Canada to give trick or treaters beef jerky? :lol:

Heh, not that I know of. I thought I'd give them the option of something not pure concentrated sugar (tho I think that this type of jerky technically still counts as candy). I also got a box of various chips.
I'm still handing out candy as well.

I did the same thing @ work; I'd amassed about 12 of those little plastic barrels of sugar-free gum on my lunch table, so I made up a sign "Help Yourself :)". Someone on day shift took them all! I did technically say that they could. Now I have to make up signs that say "take a couple of pieces".
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I have like 3 or 4 eBay auction pages opened right now for 486 motherboards. Must... Resist.... The urge... To buy... More motherboards!

The last time I worked in an office around Halloween, some one put out a bowl of candy on their desk. I probably ate 90% of it over the course of the day. I just can't help myself!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ziggy587 wrote:The last time I worked in an office around Halloween, some one put out a bowl of candy on their desk. I probably ate 90% of it over the course of the day. I just can't help myself!

This is a thing. This is a frustrating thing.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Which is a thing? Someone eating all of the candy, or not being able to help yourself? :lol: I didn't enjoy being that guy, but aside from having a sweet tooth my job was stressful for all the wrong reasons. I stress ate all of that candy! I bet they were talking about it behind my back. "Oh, there's no candy left?" - "Well there would have been, but Ziggy ate it all!"

I really gotta start controlling myself with the sweet tooth though or I'll end up with diabetes.
marurun

Post by marurun »

It’s not necessarily the sugar that gives you diabetes. But the thing is stress eating available candy. That is definitely a thing I also wrestle with.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Anyone play an instrument and want to mess around with some music? I'm not a good producer but my main thing is chopping beats. I scratch vinyl too. Just having fun with it. I have a crew called The New Visions Department and we're working on an album, I think I've posted a preview here at one point. I actually might make a thread to post vids and clips of my tracks/ what i call musical doodles, fun/creative stuff that doesn't actually work in a song but is worth sharing.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

What are you looking to do? Collab on something?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Ziggy587 wrote:What are you looking to do? Collab on something?

Yeah, or jam out out and bounce ideas off each other. Maybe try to come up with some loops or something to sample from later.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Any one feels mega old and depressed when he see stuff like this?
I literally consider the 360 "modern" games

Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 1.03.26 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 1.03.26 PM.jpg (203.22 KiB) Viewed 7384 times