What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Limewater »

I'm pretty sure you can manage to get by on less than 7.5 hours of sleep for one night. Sometimes you have a lot of stuff you have to do and it means you only sleep four hours or something. That is a normal part of life for lots of people. Parents go months or even years without getting seven hours of sleep a night.

I get to work at about 0730. I don't want to glorify it, but there have been periods where I quite frequently didn't get to leave until 0200 the next morning because stuff had to get done. Sometimes that's part of being an adult.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
marurun

Post by marurun »

Limewater wrote:Sometimes that's part of being an adult.

Needless to day, being and adult often sucks.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

marurun wrote:
Limewater wrote:Sometimes that's part of being an adult.

Needless to day, being and adult often sucks.

More often than not.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

My album is at around halfway complete. I've been working on a track on my turntable which I mostly have the idea down for. Just need to perfect the execution.... I'm using my roommates loop pedal to loop the samples which makes things a lot more involved because it's such simple equipment. I have to loop out the drum for the whole track, then scratch over the whole track without mistake, scratch again with a different record, then put the 1st one back on and drop the needle to the spots I want to sample.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: My back tire is flat and naturally I find out when I'm already late. That was yesterday morning and my feet are killing me. It now takes twice as long and twice the effort to get to work.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I miss NotLuke almost as much as Luke.
In other news, my new clone is planted and looks like a contender for the biggest pot-plant in my yard ever. It was pinched at an unknown time, but I'm only going for size, not height or yield. Also the Adzuki beans and Wormwood are progressing well. I'm off to a job tomorrow for a month.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Good luck with finishing up your album, Megas. Will be interested in checking it out once it's done.

I had a great weekend, went to visit my sister and mother upstate. Was great to see them and spend the weekend together. My sister moved into a nicer apartment recently with a good sized deck, so we hung out on the deck, had a few drinks, and her fiancee grilled. It was a really relaxing day and chill weekend.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:( My phone has been having issues with charging. Many times it'll stop charging while it's plugged in and while wiggling the plug sometimes works, the connection is lost and soon I'm back on battery power. That REALLY fucked me up this morning at Muffins and Scones when I was streaming some music and I noticed that while it was plugged in, the battery was on 17%! At some point it shut off and I let it charge for a half hour. This should have given me enough juice to keep my phone on with the Bluetooth and possibly the data on, so naturally when I turned it on it said it was on 1% before shutting back off.

This royally sucks since my phone is also my alarm clock, my music player and my access to the internet when I'm out of the house.

:) Since I have some cash, I went ahead and ordered a new phone from Amazon. I'm hoping I can just pop out the SIM Card and put it in the new phone.

:x Even with Prime shipping I'll be lucky to get it by next week! Fucked up Amazon STILL hasn't brought back next-day shipping.

EDIT: :lol: Nevermind. Turns out I forgot to check next-day shipping. Now I'll get it Monday!

Granted that's only at best two days earlier. Also that means it'll take a few days to ship.

But fuck it! New phone!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

The issue was almost definitely just dust inside the port where the charger goes into the phone. If you turn the phone off and get a paper clip and run it very gently around inside a few times you can normally pull out a bunch of dust or lint and the connection resumes just fine.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I tried that, more or less. I had to use the pin from my name tag, though. What kills me is that it seems like every time I check to see if it's charging and it says it is, it seems to be LOSING battery life. Maybe the connection keeps getting lost and regains itself.

But aside from that, my phone is also over four years old. It's often unresponsive, outright freezes, completely crashes and more often than not it takes 2-3 times as long to do anything than it used to.