Assault Suit series appreciation

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Re: Assault Suit series appreciation

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Gunstar Green wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:I would be really surprised if this doesn't get a release on PC. I assume it's very port-able, PS4 architecture and all that. Gunhound EX was a PSP title before its release on PC, right?

Gunhound was a PC doujin game originally then the enhanced version Gunhound EX was released on PSP first and then back on PC. There weren't a whole lot of changes, if I remember correctly I think the major addition was the final boss fight.

I've got my fingers crossed anyway.

Well aware of that. The point I'm making is that they still saw fit to port the PSP version back over to the PC. And weren't the changes were more drastic than that? Wasn't it a collaboration with G.Rev? Didn't it include a new soundtrack, voice acting, new presentation, and rebalancing?

GSZX1337 wrote:I'm gonna be hanging back waiting for a Steam release as well. Sad thing is, this (a 26 year old game)is the first title that made the PS4 get my attention again.

Totally. I'm not sure why I bought mine. Nothing to play on it.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Well aware of that. The point I'm making is that they still saw fit to port the PSP version back over to the PC. And weren't the changes were more drastic than that? Wasn't it a collaboration with G.Rev? Didn't it include a new soundtrack, voice acting, new presentation, and rebalancing?

Yeah, that's true. G.Rev published EX, I'm not aware if they were involved in any of the development changes though.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

How long does it normally take Play-Asia to send stuff? Just asking, because I ordered Assault Suit Leynos a week ago and they still haven't dispatched it to me.

I noticed that they've since changed the description on the game to say it usually dispatches within a week (I swear when I ordered it, they said within 2 days...), so maybe that has something to do with it. Guess they're waiting on more stock? Still, in a few hours time it will have been over a week...
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Eh, if you're seeing that "Usually ships within 1 week." tag, I'm going to assume they're waiting on more stock from Japan. Their customer service usually responds within 24 hours, so I would drop them a line.

In my case, Play-Asia received the game early and began processing on that Sunday. The game shipped on Tuesday, the 23rd, on the street date. That may be the only reason I seemed to receive it so quickly.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Eh, if you're seeing that "Usually ships within 1 week." tag, I'm going to assume they're waiting on more stock from Japan.

That's what I guessing. Thanks, I'll give it another couple of days and if nothing happens, I'll drop them a line.

Cheers.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Did it ever arrive?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Did it ever arrive?

Not yet, but I got my dispatch notification yesterday, so it should be on its way. I'm guessing it'll come sometime next week maybe.

wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Reprise wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Did it ever arrive?

Not yet, but I got my dispatch notification yesterday, so it should be on its way. I'm guessing it'll come sometime next week maybe.

Good. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Press seems to be generally positive too. Giant Bomb actually did a quick look the other day and they seemed to be having a good time, though they weren't very good at the game. Famitsu scores were slightly middle of the road.

Briareos Kerensky posted a review on YouTube that's probably the most informative piece of media I have seen about the ASL PS4 yet: https://youtube.com/watch?v=sHTh5kg3vRg
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

The PS4 remake is coming to Steam and the PS4 in the West!

http://www.risingstargames.com/eu/mech- ... is-summer/

Definitely going to double dip for the physical PS4 version.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

wip3outguy7 wrote:The PS4 remake is coming to Steam and the PS4 in the West!

http://www.risingstargames.com/eu/mech- ... is-summer/

Definitely going to double dip for the physical PS4 version.

Fuck yeah! Now the waiting and hoping I don't forget about it until Amazon puts up the preorder for the physical release.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.