Xbox 360 Shooter Checklist

2D Shooters Invade
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox 360 Shooter Checklist

Post by dunpeal2064 »

So happy. Xbox, prepare to be jtagged-the-fuck out of.

Seriously though, I had a chance to play this PCB, and it is a fantastic game. Really looking forward to this coming out.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

dsheinem wrote:DDP Saidaioujou is coming to 360 in Spring (in Japan, anyway).

http://andriasang.com/con2d3/dodonpachi ... ujou_x360/

So hopefully there will be a release that is NTSC-U compatible sometime next year.

Yay for paying way too much for an import again since I won't trust them to release a US version.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:
dsheinem wrote:DDP Saidaioujou is coming to 360 in Spring (in Japan, anyway).

http://andriasang.com/con2d3/dodonpachi ... ujou_x360/

So hopefully there will be a release that is NTSC-U compatible sometime next year.

Yay for paying way too much for an import again since I won't trust them to release a US version.

you wanna buy my Under Defeat HD PS3 import, Popo?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If I buy it from you it'd be domestic. No dice.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

This may have been discussed or just be common knowledge, so forgive me if that's the case, but when it comes to the region free games... Does it make a difference if its the original release or the platinum (or what ever they call them) hits version?

Just completed the US collection and want to buy an import or two. Just making sure before dropping some dough. Thanks
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

MrPopo wrote:Yay for paying way too much for an import again since I won't trust them to release a US version.

Cave Aims For Simultaneous Dodonpachi Saidaioujou Release In Japan And The West (!!!)

beatnix wrote:This may have been discussed or just be common knowledge, so forgive me if that's the case, but when it comes to the region free games... Does it make a difference if its the original release or the platinum (or what ever they call them) hits version?

Just completed the US collection and want to buy an import or two. Just making sure before dropping some dough. Thanks

Futari platinum & galuda2 platinum are region free. when in doubt they are usually pretty good about marking region compatibility on play-asia.com
no other real differences AFAIK other than the grey stripe on the box and the cheaper price.

but just like those Playstation "Greatest Hits" or Nintendo's "Million Sellers" releases they might not be AS sought after down the road compared to the "original" releases :roll:
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

yea, I'd rather have first run copies but am not totally against the others if the right deal comes along. Just wanted to be sure
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

EllertMichael wrote:
MrPopo wrote:Yay for paying way too much for an import again since I won't trust them to release a US version.

Cave Aims For Simultaneous Dodonpachi Saidaioujou Release In Japan And The West (!!!)

Wow, that's impressive. Looks like Cave is really serious about trying to get more of their titles in the West.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well that's good news. Fuck iOS games.
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

MrPopo wrote:
EllertMichael wrote:

Wow, that's impressive. Looks like Cave is really serious about trying to get more of their titles in the West.

I completely agree. With options like Games on Demand and the XBLA I would have thought it would reduce some of the costs for bringing a game to a new region. And with schmups there is typically so little to have to really localize that it should be an easy way to go. Here's hoping to seeing even more Japan exclusive titles make there way to NTSC.