That cyberpunk thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: That cyberpunk thread

Post by Exhuminator »

grittykitty wrote:though i need to read more gibson stuff before i write him off

To appreciate the man more, I recommend reading this:

And watching this:

For good summer cyberpunk fun, I recommend reading these:

Mmm sliberplunk
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

If you really want a fun read from Gibson, track down his article about Singapore, "Disneyland with the Death Penalty." It's an amazing read, both as a look into Singapore but also as a look into Gibson's mind to notice what he focuses on, what is his use of vocabulary.

It'll also make you miss Kowloon Walled City.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Bumping this thread to see if anyone is excited for Blade Runner 2049? I just watched the new trailer and it looks like a case of excess, excessive cg, action and gratuity to the first film. There's even a giant Atari logo planted early in the trailer.

That said I do hope it turns out to be good and creates a new chapter for this genre defining classic.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

strangenova wrote:Bumping this thread to see if anyone is excited for Blade Runner 2049? I just watched the new trailer and it looks like a case of excess, excessive cg, action and gratuity to the first film. There's even a giant Atari logo planted early in the trailer.

That said I do hope it turns out to be good and creates a new chapter for this genre defining classic.

Yikes, that sounds nasty.

I really dug The Arrival though and that kind of tone I could see fitting Blade Runner, think it's the same director.

I despise that we're getting concrete answers about Deckard though and that Harrison Ford is back in general. I guess we get to see him die again.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Xeogred wrote:
strangenova wrote:Bumping this thread to see if anyone is excited for Blade Runner 2049? I just watched the new trailer and it looks like a case of excess, excessive cg, action and gratuity to the first film. There's even a giant Atari logo planted early in the trailer.

I really dug The Arrival though and that kind of tone I could see fitting Blade Runner, think it's the same director.

I despise that we're getting concrete answers about Deckard though and that Harrison Ford is back in general. I guess we get to see him die again.

You think that sounds nasty? Have you heard disney is working on Indiana Jones 5?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Should we change the name of this topic to avoid be sued :lol:
Ack

Post by Ack »

On a positive note, the music sounds good.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Ack wrote:

On a positive note, the music sounds good.

Yeah you're right. So, buy the soundtrack and avoid the film :lol:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

strangenova wrote:
Xeogred wrote:

You think that sounds nasty? Have you heard disney is working on Indiana Jones 5?

I keep expecting to go to sleep the days I hear about this, to wake up the next day and see that it was just a bad dream.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

emwearz wrote:Should we change the name of this topic to avoid be sued :lol:

CD Project probably realized the name is so generic that nobody would care about their game, why dont they just come up with a different name.

I mean shit people steal shit from me all time, (TEKTORO marketing company, Fake ass Beat Oven who ever on FB) I find it flattering I probably inspired a person or two. I don't get vexed cause you technically can't steal from a creator I'll just come up with something better Always ;)
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.