Racketboy Month of Horror 13

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Racketboy Month of Horror 13

Post by Note »

Just want to say, thank you for recommending Cabinet of Curiosities! I was looking for some type of horror anthology to watch on Halloween night, and this fit the bill perfectly. I watched the first two episodes and overall really enjoyed them. I was more drawn into the first episode, but the second was entertaining as well.

Might take some time to watch a few more episodes this weekend.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Note wrote:Just want to say, thank you for recommending Cabinet of Curiosities! I was looking for some type of horror anthology to watch on Halloween night, and this fit the bill perfectly. I watched the first two episodes and overall really enjoyed them. I was more drawn into the first episode, but the second was entertaining as well.

Might take some time to watch a few more episodes this weekend.

Glad you liked it!

We finished the series last night, and while we liked some episodes better than others, they’re all strong. My favorite episode is The Viewing (episode 7), but I recognize that The Autopsy (episode 3) is the best. You could also make a strong case for Outside (episode 4) and The Murmuring (episode 8 ). So much good horror!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Lot of horror releases this month:

The Chant
Signalis
Broken Pieces
Yomawari: Lost in the Dark (Nippon Ichi Software)

I don't play many horror games, but given that October was Halloween I've been going out of my comfort zone a bit.

I opted to pass on Lost in the Dark, but bought it's predecessor (Midnight Shadows) as it was deeply discounted. It's fun the clever ways the game manages to unnerve you with just simple, 2d graphics. It also manages to stay interesting despite a lack of combat. I will probably try Lost in the Dark if it ever goes on sale too.

Signalis has shades of PS1 era Resident Evil and Fear Effect with a semi top down view and some stealth elements (or you can just shoot or run past enemies). It occasionally uses first person view in smart ways, though it's mostly a third person view game. It has an interesting sci fi setting that seems to be in some future world run by a German super power that is looking towards space travel to expand its influence

I played just a little bit of Ghostwire Tokyo too. It seems like it's basically just a spooky FPS. Seems rather simplistic by Shinji Mikami standards, by has a nice spooky atmosphere with lots of Japanese style ghosts and yokai.

Haven't tried The Chant, I saw it described somewhere as Until Dawn, if it had actual gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2x45LEoU0E

Broken Pieces is another I haven't tried yet. It looks like a modern Resident Evil inspired game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAemSwiHjqc

Signalis and Yomawari are both fun, hope to finish both of them