That cyberpunk thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SoltanGris
16-bit

Re: That cyberpunk thread

Post by SoltanGris »

Gibson novels! Neuromancer on the C64! Snow Crash!

Got the Blu-Ray Bladerunner's Final Cut. So awesome with nice big speakers.
Ack

Post by Ack »

We finally had a little more information drop about Cyberpunk 2077 a few weeks ago. It wasn't much, but since nobody mentioned it, I thought I'd bring it up:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-is-far-far-bigger-than-the-witcher-/1100-6431209/?ftag=YHRe6a6b70

Developer CD Projekt Red has described it's upcoming sci-fi role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077 as much larger than it's recently released fantasy RPG, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Speaking to MCV UK in an interview, visual effects artist Jose Teixeira said, "Cyberpunk is far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before... far, far bigger."
marurun

Post by marurun »

This could be very exciting. Mike Pondsmith hasn't been doing much good rules/system work, lately, but his Cyberpunk setting was always well-done. His contract authors were also always very good with tone. After hearing all about Witcher III, I'm sure CDP Pred will do good work with this license.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Heh, I found out today that I work for a megacorp in Shadowrun: Hisato-Turner Broadcasting, which was later acquired by Horizon. I'm an AAA wage slave, baby!
marurun

Post by marurun »

What kind of base implants do they set you up with?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My favorite part about Shadowrun is how the backstory for Seattle was written before Microsoft became big. The Redmond Barrens were an accurate descriptor of what Redmond was like pre-Microsoft; once that Windows money started flowing it massively gentrified across the board on the entire east side of Lake Washington.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Ack wrote:"Cyberpunk is far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before... far, far bigger."

There's that e-penis!

I want to love this, but I couldn't get into the first two Witcher games, and I can't even put into words how fatigued I've become over "open world" games. Apparently I'm in the minority though because the rest of the world wants their games to be aimlessly designed and pointlessly massive.

I don't know if my extreme love for sci-fi will save this one for me.

I'm so sick of this mentality from devs though. It doesn't impress me in the least when I hear everyone say their game is the biggest thing ever. AND?
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

its about the motion in the ocean 8)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

TSTR wrote:its about the motion in the ocean 8)

:?: :lol:
Ack

Post by Ack »

marurun wrote:What kind of base implants do they set you up with?

It would probably all be headware considering my work.

Actually the really funny thing is that when we talk about automating our entire workload in my department, we fully expect it will require an AI that understands things like parody.