favorite controller for fighting games

Brawlers and Beatemups
Dylan
Next-Gen

Re: favorite controller for fighting games

Post by Dylan »

I'll never understand the D-pad love. Sticks are so much easier for executing actual motions (in my opinion of course). I also think it was 7k that mentioned how nice it is to have every offensive option immediately at your fingertips.

There are also context specific times that sticks can be nicer. For example, I play Juri in SFIV and storing fireballs is much more problematic on a pad than on a stick (although to be fair it's still kind of a pain regardless).
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Dylan wrote:I'll never understand the D-pad love. Sticks are so much easier for executing actual motions (in my opinion of course). I also think it was 7k that mentioned how nice it is to have every offensive option immediately at your fingertips.

There are also context specific times that sticks can be nicer. For example, I play Juri in SFIV and storing fireballs is much more problematic on a pad than on a stick (although to be fair it's still kind of a pain regardless).

how about we test stick vs d-pad on SFIV: AE on PS3? :wink:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

sevin0seven wrote:
Dylan wrote:I'll never understand the D-pad love. Sticks are so much easier for executing actual motions (in my opinion of course). I also think it was 7k that mentioned how nice it is to have every offensive option immediately at your fingertips.

Yeah, D-pad + fighters FTW!
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

sevin0seven wrote:

:lol: I'm down, but you're going to have to give me a little while to get back into this game again. Are PSN fight nights still going on here?
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I liked d-pads until I used a Japanese stick.

The actual arcade sticks I used as a teenager on the arcades sucked (bat top, no gate). When I got my hands on a Hori stick, it was so clicky and satisfying. Completely different experience.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Dylan wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:

:lol: I'm down, but you're going to have to give me a little while to get back into this game again. Are PSN fight nights still going on here?

awesome! i haven't played a while as well...but i'll give you time to practice. what is your PSN ID?

the PSN fight night has been dead for weeks, but we do have our very own SSF4 meet-up thread we can revive: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37936

just let me know when your ready Dylan. Image
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

sevin0seven wrote:awesome! i haven't played a while as well...but i'll give you time to practice. what is your PSN ID?

the PSN fight night has been dead for weeks, but we do have our very own SSF4 meet-up thread we can revive: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37936

That sounds sweet, I'll post in that thread when I'm itching to get going (My PSN is "Concentric-Rind" by the way).
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Dylan wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:awesome! i haven't played a while as well...but i'll give you time to practice. what is your PSN ID?

That sounds sweet, I'll post in that thread when I'm itching to get going (My PSN is "Concentric-Rind" by the way).

cool, you should be receiving a friend request from me tonight. :)
MyNameIsVince
64-bit

Post by MyNameIsVince »

Although the regular SNES controllers are pretty decent for fighting games (in my opinion), I have to give a special nod to this bad boy:

Yeah buddy.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

MyNameIsVince wrote:Although the regular SNES controllers are pretty decent for fighting games (in my opinion), I have to give a special nod to this bad boy:

Yeah buddy.

This Hori pad is very nice for the SNES:

Here is a 6-button fighting pad by ASCII (same guys who made the controller that Vince likes):

But for a REAL fighter pad, here is one that is a FREAKING FIGHTER JET!: