Ketsui is PS3 bound

2D Shooters Invade
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Ketsui is PS3 bound

Post by pierrot »

graffix_13 wrote:So I'm thinking of buying this game from Japan. But I can't find a trophy list that is in English (I'm in the States).

I have no illusions of platting this game, but I'd like to get a few trophies/achievments at least. Anyone know of a good site that lists them in English?

I could tell you what they are in English.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

pierrot wrote:
graffix_13 wrote:So I'm thinking of buying this game from Japan. But I can't find a trophy list that is in English (I'm in the States).

I have no illusions of platting this game, but I'd like to get a few trophies/achievments at least. Anyone know of a good site that lists them in English?

I could tell you what they are in English.

Well my girlfriend bought me this game for Valentine's Day, and it's a blast! I played it a lot this weekend and was able to get 24 of 51 trophies. Psnprofiles has an auto-translate feature, so I am able to roughly translate the trophy requirements. However not all are very clear:

- How do I get to the 'Hidden Boss' Evu-akkania Doom? Do you have to 1CC, 2 loop the game? (If so, I'll never unlock him/her)

- Box Collector trophies. It says to acquire 11,111 or more for "1" chip (and other various number chip trophies). Is this a cumulative trophy over multiple playthroughs or just in 1 run?

- There is a Silver trophy for defeating 53,596 enemy aircraft. Again, is this cumulative or a single playthrough?

- Who, or what does 'Ketsuibomu' mean?
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Doom: You have to clear the game, and the Ura (hidden) loop to reach Doom. Very difficult.

Ketsui-bomb: a glitch that occurs if you launch a bomb while you are locked onto an enemy that is horizontal to your location. The bomb will bounce around the screen.

I would imagine the Box Collector achievement would be culmulative, not sure on the destroy enemies one though.

Once you get whatever trophies you are happy with, you should challenge some of the high scores on this forum. With some practice, you could take first place, and become the best Ketsui player on Racketboy, which is better than any achievement.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Doom: You have to clear the game, and the Ura (hidden) loop to reach Doom. Very difficult.

Ketsui-bomb: a glitch that occurs if you launch a bomb while you are locked onto an enemy that is horizontal to your location. The bomb will bounce around the screen.

I would imagine the Box Collector achievement would be culmulative, not sure on the destroy enemies one though.

Once you get whatever trophies you are happy with, you should challenge some of the high scores on this forum. With some practice, you could take first place, and become the best Ketsui player on Racketboy, which is better than any achievement.

Thanks for the quick response! So...how do I get to the Ura (hidden) loop? Does the game only loop if you 1CC? I've beaten both Arcade and X Mode (not hard with continues) but the game just stopped after the credits. So I assume it only loops with no deaths/continues. Probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to learn how this stuff works (loop only occurs if you don't die?)

The Ketsui-bomb sounds easy enough. I'll give it a try. (Famous last words, eh?)

And I do appreciate the suggestion for trying for high scores on this forum; however, I can assure you that won't be happening anytime soon for me. I just only recently got into shmups a month ago, and I'm not very good at them....like, not at all. But I love playing them. Some of you guys are masters at these games, but not me. My reflexes just aren't fast enough!
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

To get into the Ura route, you have to clear the first loop without bombing or dying once. Then, at the end of that 2nd loop (both loops change the game completely btw, so this won't be easy), you get to fight the True Last Boss, which is Doom. Then you have to kill him.

It is worth noting that the normal (Omote) 2nd loop has more lax requirements. Your bombs+deaths cannot exceed 6. So, if you die once and bomb 5 times, you will make the Omote loop. If you die 3 times and bomb 4 times, you will not.

All of this has to be done in a single credit, as is the way of shmups.

Ketsui bomb will just take a few tries. The hard part is not killing what you are locked on to. Try it with larger enemies. You want to be parallel to them, and remain locked on even after you shoot the bomb.

and.... no one here is good at shmups like these right off the bat. Your familiarity with one game matters much more than your experience with the genre. Even the best players have to learn a game from the ground up when going for a high score. Reflexes are nothing, you don't need them. You just need a plan. I can't dodge shit on reflexes.

Trust me man, you play this game for a month and you will be the best Ketsui player here. And, it will be very rewarding.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

graffix_13 wrote:- Box Collector trophies. It says to acquire 11,111 or more for "1" chip (and other various number chip trophies). Is this a cumulative trophy over multiple playthroughs or just in 1 run?

- There is a Silver trophy for defeating 53,596 enemy aircraft. Again, is this cumulative or a single playthrough?

These are cumulative, yes.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Such an odd number of enemies to defeat. Is it a programming-related number?

Now I want to count up the total number of enemies in Ketsui.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Isn't it the special-bonus value from Batsugun Special ? I don't know of any other significance for the number.