Anyone else think that emulators on the PSP suck

Emu Talk Goes Here
Breetai
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone else think that emulators on the PSP suck

Post by Breetai »

noiseredux wrote:Had no luck with SCD.

I played through Lunar: TSS and Silpheed with no issues. The Genesis and Sega CD were both fine.

I do NOT agree about the TG16 running fine, though. I found it had too much slowdown (graphically and musically) for me to enjoy after trying Final Soldier and crying like a baby. Likewise with the SNES games I tried (I think I tried SMW, F-Zero and Parodius Da!).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Breetai wrote:

I played through Lunar: TSS and Silpheed with no issues. The Genesis and Sega CD were both fine.

I do NOT agree about the TG16 running fine, though. I found it had too much slowdown (graphically and musically) for me to enjoy after trying Final Soldier and crying like a baby. Likewise with the SNES games I tried (I think I tried SMW, F-Zero and Parodius Da!).

send me the SCD emulator you're using and save me another headache! :D
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

noiseredux wrote:
Breetai wrote:

send me the SCD emulator you're using and save me another headache! :D

I'm pretty sure it was just Picodrive.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Well, this thread inspired me to play around a bit. I got the TG16/PCE emulator working well with Final Soldier. Actually, it works great. I'll try some other games.

I also got SMW and Parodius Da! working very nicely with SNES9X after turning frame skip off. F-Zero was terrible, unfortunately. I couldn't even exit out of it. I needed to hard reset to get out!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Anyone know if its possible to get PC Engine CD games running?
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Okay, so in everyone's opinion, what (if any) emus on PSP are perfect like on PC?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

CFFJR wrote:Anyone know if its possible to get PC Engine CD games running?

Apparently. They do say they support it (whatever the one that is HuGo says it does). I tried throwing Ys I&II on there, but it didn't work. Granted, I did not try very hard.

Okay, so in everyone's opinion, what (if any) emus on PSP are perfect like on PC?

They aren't even "perfect" on the PC, but I do get what you mean.

Picodrive runs awesome for Genesis games. PC Engine games, despite what I said earlier, do run really well (except Air Zonk, which seems to have problems on everything that isn't a PC). The NES one is good, but actually is slightly choppy. It is still very playable, though. Maybe changing some setting would fix it as it did for the PC Engine.

SNES is finicky. Some games are fine (SMW, TMNTIV), but some are pretty choppy (Dracula X) or are just messed up and crashed the PSP (F-Zero).

Those are the only four systems I've bothered to try emulating.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Breetai wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:Okay, so in everyone's opinion, what (if any) emus on PSP are perfect like on PC?

They aren't even "perfect" on the PC, but I do get what you mean.

Picodrive runs awesome for Genesis games. PC Engine games, despite what I said earlier, do run really well (except Air Zonk, which seems to have problems on everything that isn't a PC). The NES one is good, but actually is slightly choppy. It is still very playable, though. Maybe changing some setting would fix it as it did for the PC Engine.

SNES is finicky. Some games are fine (SMW, TMNTIV), but some are pretty choppy (Dracula X) or are just messed up and crashed the PSP (F-Zero).

Those are the only four systems I've bothered to try emulating.

Thanks for the feedback... I guess if I'm used to PC, Xbox, and Wii level of emus I might be disappointed then. Well also, the DS emu for NES, GB, & Gen are pretty good for me (I'm just getting started tinkering with NitroGrafx now) so maybe I don't need a PSP if my main reason was for emulation. Might just get a Vita and get the PSP games from PSN instead. :?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

D.D.D. wrote:Thanks for the feedback... I guess if I'm used to PC, Xbox, and Wii level of emus I might be disappointed then. Well also, the DS emu for NES, GB, & Gen are pretty good for me (I'm just getting started tinkering with NitroGrafx now) so maybe I don't need a PSP if my main reason was for emulation. Might just get a Vita and get the PSP games from PSN instead. :?

I just have to say that Nitrografx is awesome 8) I love playing the Soldier series on my ds.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

D.D.D. wrote:Thanks for the feedback... I guess if I'm used to PC, Xbox, and Wii level of emus I might be disappointed then. Well also, the DS emu for NES, GB, & Gen are pretty good for me (I'm just getting started tinkering with NitroGrafx now) so maybe I don't need a PSP if my main reason was for emulation. Might just get a Vita and get the PSP games from PSN instead. :?

FTR, the Genesis and PCE is TOTALLY fine. I'm picky when I say I notice any choppiness for the NES. Platformers and shoot 'em ups on the SNES are fine (haven't tried RPGs). It's mainly racing games so far that suck, and SNES games that use special chips.

Nitrografx on the DS does not run as well as the PCE emulators on the PSP, at least when I tried it a year ago. The PCE games ran ok on Nitrografx, but the sound was so off it drove me nuts.