What would get you to listen to the racketboy podcast?

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: What would get you to listen to the racketboy podcast?

Post by alienjesus »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:dsh, just remember mine and Niode's idea of a cappella video game music, sung by us. 8)

If it as cool (read 'slightly uncool, but awesome nonetheless) as this, then I concur :
http://lparchive.org/Sonic-2-Special-Ed ... avewtf.mp3

or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRKr7Zk8T04

/off topic
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

alienjesus wrote:If it as cool (read 'slightly uncool, but awesome nonetheless) as this, then I concur :
http://lparchive.org/Sonic-2-Special-Ed ... avewtf.mp3

That is...odd. But I think we can out-cool that.

Fuck, no way can we out-cool that. Epic as hell. I'd need superpowers to do something that awesome.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

...so we've received a total of 0 comments on the forums for the last three shows, each of which I thought were quite solid. If the podcast is starting to bore you, please let me know! If there's stuff you want to see covered, if you want to see it move in a different direction, etc. - your thoughts are important!
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

dsheinem wrote:...so we've received a total of 0 comments on the forums for the last three shows, each of which I thought were quite solid. If the podcast is starting to bore you, please let me know! If there's stuff you want to see covered, if you want to see it move in a different direction, etc. - your thoughts are important!

Honestly, with school going and me doing a bunch of things lately, I haven't had time to listen to the cast. Not to say it's not worth my time! I'll catch up with them at some point.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

bumping this again as I get the sense that people from the forums aren't listening/commenting near as much of late as they used to...which even then wasn't much :lol:

Are you not listening? Listening but not commenting?

If it's been a while, here are three big changes to the show since March:

-The show is now published biweekly
-The show now features JMustang1968 as the co-host
-The show now alternates between the long -running interview-based/NPR style episodes with newer more informal "just talking about video games" style episodes

John and I put quite a few hours into the researching, recording, editing, and publishing the show every other week, and we really would like to know if we're spending that time in a way that you - our target audience - also finds to be worthwhile. So sound off...
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

I've completely fallen off the podcast wagon after finally catching up to around 30. It was that damn JMustang guy's fault. :lol: JK JK.

I think I kind of missed the interviews a bit, some of the back and forth between you two lost my interest at times. But it was still pretty early in the two host format, so i'm guessing you guys have it more dialed now.

I'll download the ones I missed and take a listen.
Last edited by Mechblue on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Mechblue wrote:I've completely fallen off the podcast wagon after finally catching up to around 30. It was that damn JMustang guy's fault. :lol: JK JK.

I think I kind of missed the interviews a bit, some of the back and forth lost my interest at times.

I'll download the ones I missed and take a listen.

We do the interviews still. We had some great ones this past year or so. Dave did some interviews at PAX East, and interviewed an employee at XSEED. I did an interview with Trent Oster who is doing the Baldurs Gate remakes and I did an in person interview with Stoic Studios who are making the Kickstarted Banner Saga. (The Beta is really fun by the way)

Obviously, the interviews stand the test of time better. The banter or normal shows focus more on current events and topics, so listening to them months probably aren't as satisfying. haha