Favourite 3d platformers?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Thomas

Re: Favourite 3d platformers?

Post by Thomas »

Did anyone mention chibi-robo for gamecube? If you have a wii or a gamecube, that game is a must-have
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Thomas wrote:Did anyone mention chibi-robo for gamecube? If you have a wii or a gamecube, that game is a must-have

It's great, but its not a platformer imo.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

pepharytheworm wrote:
hashiriya1 wrote:Steamgear Mash is pretty fun, but the bosses are bitches.

How playable is this game for an non japanese speaker?

You are going to need a guide, I got through a large chunk of it without a guide but some parts are going to be a bitch.

My favorite 3d platformers are Alice and Pitfall 3d.

Alice is the twisted fairytale that I enjoyed the entire way through the dozen times I played it. It was fun, it was new, it hit that twisted fairytale part that I love.

Pitfall 3d is my favorite Pitfall. It was a PSX game that I wish I had a PSX for after playing the demo. It is not an awkward 3d platformer, designed for a dpad and not a stick, but Pitfall Harry is voiced by Bruce Campbell, and his one liners - several of which he adlibbed, are spot on.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

I love all the Mario Platformers, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2 I think they are all wonderful games. Despite not being "propper 3D" I do really like Crash bandicoot.
The original Jak & Dexter is another favourite as is Banjo Kazooie, I haven't played it in years but I really like the PS1 spyro trilogy.
There are others that I need to play more, the sly cooper trilogy, the first few ratchet and clank games (the later ones are counted as 3rd person shooters aren't they?), Rayman 2 & 3.
I think Sonic Colours was a solid platformer (well it isn't your typical platformer so not sure it it counts.
Oh and before I forget them, Jet Set Radio, Jet Set Radio Future and Psychonauts are all fantastic. DeBlob was another good one.

I'm wiritng this post and I keep thinking of these games and I realise "I've played more than I thought".