What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Anapan »

@ziggy - there are a lot of utilities that can recover the data, but how they deal with the skewed files /data table is another issue.
Having dealt with this specific problem multiple times, I now have a somewhat reliable routine that leaves the skewed data as a lot more readable files than should be there, and a whole bunch of corrupted files to be sorted.
After duplicate files from the different methods are culled, and the folder structure consolidated, then the previously deleted and corrupted must be sorted through.

I can provide the tools and some pointers on how to proceed, or I would spend the many hours for a fee. Only because this process is painful even for me who has the opposite of add in the right circumstances.
Just because I looked up what the companies charge and my jaw hit the floor.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I was sure there was apps out there that would help, and with varying degrees of success. I was hoping my pics are mostly intact, I don't have reason to believe that any of them are corrupted. Rather, I just can't access the folder. It happened once before, same card and same phone. For some reason I couldn't access my DCIM folder and it had something to do with permissions. I was able to mess around with it and restored access to the folder. But then it happened again, and now no matter what I do I cannot access the folder. So that's why I'm hoping the data isn't actually damaged, just that it's inaccessible. I was going to post a thread asking for help, probably on this forum and a few others that I frequent, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But if you know of any apps, I'd definitely be all ears!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Got my copy of Metroid Prime Remastered today!

:lol: The tracking info on Gamestop still says it's awaiting item availability.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Like half of management and the entire dementia floor has covid now. I'm surprised that neither a) outbreak protocols happened, and b) if they're not doing a), then why are they even still enforcing some rules

It's interesting now when some cooks, and even a dishwasher like me, has to do some last minute management lol
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I've mostly finished Simon's album other than a few little tweaks that need done, and I showed it to his mom and got her blessing today too. I'll be shooting the music video sometime this month and then I'll post it to youtube and for purchase on bandcamp. Really excited to share it with the world.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Looking forward to the MV!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:?: Anyone recommend the Meta Quest 2 VR headset? I'm considering getting one. Apparently they're dropping the price by $70, and if the price applies to GameStop, I'll use Paypal's Pay in 4 option.

And if so, any game recommendations?
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote::?: Anyone recommend the Meta Quest 2 VR headset? I'm considering getting one. Apparently they're dropping the price by $70, and if the price applies to GameStop, I'll use Paypal's Pay in 4 option.

And if so, any game recommendations?

My recommendation is to save a nest egg for if you fall behind on rent again or to pay for a visit to New York.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Ya, unless your PC is really good, your stuck with mobile games, and IMO Gorilla Tag isn't worth the hardware price.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

My PC is a bog standard Chuwi Larkbox, so I'd pretty much be stuck with whatever's on the Oculus Store.

And aside from Beat Saber, it seems like it'll be a great way to play FPS games, many of which look like they'll slap like they're auditioning for Dynasty.

Does Beat Saber allow one to use their own music? "Dance Through the Danger" from Shantae: Half-Genie Hero looks like it'd make an excellent choice.

And is there a way to load up classic FPS games like Doom on it, preferably with mod support?

Aside from that, my questions typically revolve around whether or not I'll be able to wear my glasses while playing VR, whether or not sharing my headset with my family at gatherings is a good idea and how much use would it even get if I bought one. That last one would be helped by knowing how many 3D movies, if any, I could watch on it.

Other than that...

:) Things are picking up at both my jobs.

:) Weather's warming up...

:( ...but still cold some days.

:D Off today and tomorrow.