What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

My roommate was a skilled guitar player and had a few songs recorded (though the majority were recorded via cell phone unfortunately) so I'm compiling an album for him, and adding a few little things of my own to try to finish it out some and increase the sound quality. I've got next to no idea what I'm dong; I've just liked to tinker around on FL studio and chop up songs in the past, but I feel like it's turning out fairly well (though I'm positive my mastering leaves something to be desired). It's been like a form of journaling the past few weeks.

I'll be shooting a music video for it and then I'll release it, and likely post it on bandcamp with the original versions and videos. Hopefully it'll make enough money from the bandcamp to post it on Spotify, pay an engineer to mix the original recordings better, etc... Might release it on a bandcamp friday to maximize revenue so I can potentially pay for advertising, so I'd say expect me to post it April 7th :!:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:x So somehow, while cleaning house on my mods folder for Delta Touch (Doom port for Android)... I somehow deleted my ENTIRE mods folder! I was just selecting a few to get rid of and then the window said "(Not Responding)" and when it finally did the folder was empty, so I went back to its parent folder and it's GONE!

And I had some absolute BANGERS, too. Hocus Pocus Doom, Brutal Doom, ContraDOOM, Brutal Heretic, Brutal Hexen, Robocop (which blended nicely with the Brutal Doom mod), Brutal Wolfenstein and loads of TCs, some of which worked well with combined with other mods.

Now all I have are the IWADs, which includes the base games (Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, etc) and a few standalone mods (including Wolfenstein: Blades of Agony).

Thank God I'm off tomorrow afternoon.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Damn, when Android messes up a MicroSD, it's pooched. I've lost so many files, and even had a couple of MicroSD cards permanently damaged. I even had two high-end USB3 thumb drives lock-up and turn into read-only mode (unrecoverable safety built-in) by docking them and just trying to move files. I now by default do all file operations on a PC, then copy them over onto removable.
Sorry to hear your phone ate your files too.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Ironically I was using Windows to manage my files.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:) Redownloaded most, if not all, of the mods I lost. Also used this opportunity to take what I've learned about how IPK3 files don't need to be put in the mods folder.

:? Still trying to figure out how to load Quake mods in Quad Touch. Also trying to get certain Duke Nukem 3D mods working in Zeta Touch.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:( got called into work tonight and wasted about three hours of my night off.

:) Ran into three of my niblings.

:D I asked the twins if they've seen any of the movies I got them yet and they said they enjoyed Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I told them that next time they're at their dad's to take it with him.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Anapan wrote:Damn, when Android messes up a MicroSD, it's pooched. I've lost so many files, and even had a couple of MicroSD cards permanently damaged.

Oh, damn. I actually had to look into this for myself. I have a 32 GB micro SD card from an Android phone that turned into read-only and I can't delete or format it. But even worse, I have a 128 GB card that I was using on my own Android phone that the pictures folder some how became inaccessible. I had about two years worth of pictures on it and, like an idiot, not all of them were backed up. I can access all of the other folders on the card, it's just that one DCIM folder. Windows takes a long time to try and access it, and eventually errors out with some "I/O device error" message. I was pretty bummed out about it, but haven't looked into it yet.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: Gamestop STILL doesn't seem to have shipped my physical copy of Metroid Prime Remastered and even though it's supposed to be out today, it says it's "awaiting product availability". And it turns out I'm not the only one. YouTuber Madlittlepixel even made a video about how pretty much every copy's being scalped and sold second-hand for at least 2-3x it's suggested retail price of $39.99!

:lol: But then again, Gamestop still says that an order I made in September is "awaiting carrier pickup" despite me having got the item shortly after I ordered it.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I had a sneaking suspicion something like this might happen so I preordered (from Best Buy) the day after the Direct where it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones apparently because my copy arrived today. Hopefully these shortages are temporary and you will get yours soon! I haven't heard about any order cancellations so that is a good sign that more stock is coming.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I can live with getting mine late, but in the end what pisses me off is that it's clear that most of the people who did get copies were just scalpers who turned around and flipped them for an incredulous markup. To add insult to injury, their plan is apparently working. Some copies are probably going for over $100.