What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
NotLuke
24-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by NotLuke »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I LOVE the beach. Used to go a lot more when I lived in southern Maine, though I still rent an oceanfront camp every year. I don't think I could live in a state with no coastline.

I like places with beaches, like Charleston, Chicago, the magnificent coast of California...but the beach itself, the act of sitting in a chair in sun, doesn't appeal to me. Places where I can ride a horse, go to a museum, and visit a great restaurant off the beaten path, I'm all for. Sitting in a chair, going back to a hotel to sleep....not my bag of tea. And the ocean is Gods septic tank. It's disgusting and I fear the unknown :)

Weird how I love fishing in Wisconsin though and could sit near a lake with a hot cup of coffee for hours. Must be he heat, humidity, sun, sand, and tourists I don't care for. EVERY week at NC beaches feels like either senior or biker week. Screen glare will make playing my gameboy a chore too ;)

Smile: Gordie Howe and his family. What sportsmanship.
Ack

Post by Ack »

REPO Man wrote:
Note wrote:I really like hitting up Coney Island in Brooklyn in the summer, which has a beach but also has a boardwalk with food and drink options (including my favorite, Nathan's!), an arcade, and amusement rides.

Lucky!

Except when the gangs show up with their glass bottles and keep chanting, "Note, come out and play!"
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ack wrote:
REPO Man wrote:
Note wrote:I really like hitting up Coney Island in Brooklyn in the summer, which has a beach but also has a boardwalk with food and drink options (including my favorite, Nathan's!), an arcade, and amusement rides.

Lucky!

Except when the gangs show up with their glass bottles and keep chanting, "Note, come out and play!"

I know it has a cult following, but that movie is still underrated imo.

Nowadays though you'll have to worry about other hazards on the beach.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Almost got my COVID vaccine. I called ahead and they said they had one appointment and all I had to do was come in before 5. I didn't have a ride, so I called my uncle's fiancée, who I'll just call Robin (not her real name but she did play the role of Robin in Godspell back in college). Anyway, Robin said she was considering getting her shot today and I told her that I can wait a bit longer. Last year she was so afraid of having a lot of people over due to her having health issues. My only concerns are making sure I can get it on my day off, but with Food Lion only giving me one night off a week and Duck Donuts giving me three mornings off I have to make sure I can guarantee a day off from both jobs. To be honest I didn't even know there was anyone on the island to get it. Before Tuesday I knew they had places up the beach where I could get it, but between having to make an appointment and squeezing said appointment into a 50-60 hour work week and needing a ride you can see why it'd be difficult. But thankfully having a place to get it only 20 minutes away instead of 45-60 minutes away makes it just a bit easier. And with tourist season kicking off and restrictions being loosened I'd be a fool to sleep on getting the vaccine.

Though even if I could technically not need to wear a mask indoors anymore, apparently Food Lion still wants its employees to still wear theirs since it's currently part of the dress code.

:cry: American Housewife won't be coming back for a new season this fall. What sucks is that it ended on a doozy of cliffhanger.

Taylor, the oldest of the three, decides she's going to marry her boyfriend Trip. Meanwhile, the middle child Oliver announces he's giving up his plans on going to Harvard after realizing the app he's helped create (he handled the business aspects for the app's developer) has already helped him to find the success he saw himself achieving after Harvard. And he's even considered dropping out of high school. And then Katie, the matriarch of the family played by Katy Mixon, reveals that she's pregnant.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Made some memes for some FB groups I'm a part of. Simpsons Bortposting hasn't approved it yet, but Simpsons Shitposting Gold did.

188109105_3993735247348171_2815285799591587922_n.jpg
188109105_3993735247348171_2815285799591587922_n.jpg (55.53 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
186526955_3993733754014987_6916065038882702855_n.jpg
186526955_3993733754014987_6916065038882702855_n.jpg (61.74 KiB) Viewed 1625 times

At the time of writing this, I've gotten 305 reacts for the first one, which is kind of impressive given how little effort went into it and it being up for less than a day.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Ack wrote:Except when the gangs show up with their glass bottles and keep chanting, "Note, come out and play!"

o.pwuaioc wrote:I know it has a cult following, but that movie is still underrated imo.

Nowadays though you'll have to worry about other hazards on the beach.

Lol, love the Warriors. Haven't watched the movie in years, I'm long over due for a rewatch. If anyone likes The Warriors but hasn't seen the documentary 80 Blocks from Tiffany's, highly recommended. It's a doc about the gangs that were in NYC during that time period.

What kinda hazards, o.pwuaioc? In past years, the biggest nuisance IMO was the police/parks department trying to stop people from having drinks on the beach.
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

You guys are on a retro game forum, mention THE WARRIORS, as a "cult classic"?, pounce around and move along?

For shame.

This is interesting stuff if not fodder for discussion. Is THE WARRIORS an underrated game, slapped alongside with shovelware like STATE OF EMERGENCY? Was THE WARRIORS game a bridge to fill the combat gap in GTA games and nothing else? Was THE WARRIORS a soft test for BULLY? Did P Diddy actually watch the Warriors, full length?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I do wanna replay The Warriors. Had fun when playing it as a teen but I remember just spamming one move so I dunno how it would be now. Phenomenal film though, and it blows my mind that the villain was in Twin Peaks.

Bully might be my favourite game by Rockstar tbh
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

Smile: It's coming along.

Still some moving to do, but the "museum" is starting to take shape. My tv stand is so ass to look at, but it serves its purpose. I'll have to break down one day and do custom shelving as I'm so sick of seeing slapped together particle board to house my favorite things. Kinda feel like my games deserve better. It's like I'm plating a Kobe beef ribeye on a roofing tile. A good frame can make the difference, etc.

Bonus smile: Birthday was yesterday, but I'm extending it as i took today off too. I went out to eat for the first time since March 7th, 2020, and I ate at the exact same place :) I remember the date as it was also the last time I went to see the local symphony, which I miss like crazy. I ate with my in-laws and some of their friends from Iowa...it's a long story, but in short it's a weird thing to type that spending my birthday with strangers and my in laws wasn't too shabby.

Rest of the day will be spent at a local arcade and hunting down a minty copy of Gremlins 2 as I'm trying to complete a sunsoft collection.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Happy belated birthday, NotLuke! Glad you had a good time. The game room is looking sharp, too.