What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Only did 2 shifts so far, both training, and was already complemented on how in-depth my application was, and my work ethic by the general manager.

If I don't have my usual late March/early April meltdown then that might mean I partially overcame my mental health issues. If that's the case then they're opening a new location next year near my place. Maybe I'll apply for a supervisor or admin position. Things are finally looking good.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

:D I got some good seats at one of the upcoming FFVII Remake concerts. https://ffvii-remakeconcerts.com/

:( Ticketmaster still sucks and reams you with fees.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

bmoc wrote::D I got some good seats at one of the upcoming FFVII Remake concerts. https://ffvii-remakeconcerts.com/

:( Ticketmaster still sucks and reams you with fees.

Gotta love that "convenience" fee. :evil:
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

:( People are kinda freaking out more and more here about the coronavirus. There haven't even been any cases in my region, let alone my prefecture, and yet face masks have been sold out everywhere for going on a full month.

:D School, and therefore work, got canceled Monday due to the Prime Minister suggesting canceling school in March for safety concerns about the virus. Given how many of my friends in neighboring/nearby districts have also had their whole month's classes canceled, the silver lining here may be an extra 2-ish weeks to my spring break ^w^

:( But because of the virus concerns, a friend of mine who is planning to come hang out during spring break may have her study abroad program canceled and made to be sent home before we can hang out QwQ

:D BUT my other friend who was planning to come over during break lives and works as a teacher, just like me, and if he has his classes canceled too, he'll be able to come over and hang out way earlier and a bunch more! Silver linings to everything, I suppose ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:) My brother's been back for about a month.

:( Still doing QA at Food Lion.

:cry: And based on my last evaluation, they think I'll be better as a QA.

:D Duck Donuts opens back up here soon.

:cry: / :x I owe $300some dollars after getting my taxes done. Turns out I can't claim head of household without dependents. And I owe two months worth of back rent.
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote::cry: / :x I owe $300some dollars after getting my taxes done. Turns out I can't claim head of household without dependents.

Did you not read any of the instructions when doing your deductions?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I was an accountant in the past, mostly specializing in bookkeeping and tax returns, but it radicalized me politically. I was forced to do some very sketchy grey area stuff to save rich people money, while at the same time my boss convinced seniors who are just dependent on government pensions that taxes are complex and expensive. It definitely wasn't for their case. We get them to sign a form allowing us access to their tax account, use your tax program to download all the slips automatically from their account into the program, check for any discrepancies, and done. Maybe takes like 8 minutes? They then charge the senior like $300 for it. Another funny part about it is that I was getting paid minimum wage while doing this, while 8 minutes of my work is worth $300 for clients.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Me and my girlfriend are moving into our own apartment this week. 2 bedroom 1 bath for 850+ electric and internet. So excited.

It's kind of interesting posting about big life events on here to me. Makes me realize how much this community (unfortunately) watched me go from a kid, teenager and then finally become my own adult. I know I've already mentioned something similar on here before, guess I'm just feeling a bit self reflective lately.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

Post by Ack »

Man, 2 bedrooms for $850? What state is this?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Ack wrote:Man, 2 bedrooms for $850? What state is this?
Small Town near Dallas :) . It's a great place, we'll be moving in this weekend.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread