Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

Post by isiolia »

Tanooki wrote:This one here though isn't proven as it's not seen internally yet, but going by what little is known offline and what is out there now (like the Wii ports) it fits.

As I had said in the general section thread, it doesn't make sense to me that this would be Wii based. It'd be far more logical for it to be ARM based. Nintendo already has a significant code base around that architecture (since the GBA, DS, 3DS, and seemingly NX all use it), and there are a wide array of SoC options out there to utilize. While there's nothing inherently wrong with the PowerPC 750 architecture, it just wouldn't make sense to me that Nintendo would spend time and effort to engineer a cut-down SoC and keep up PowerPC based development for a budget product. If their newer platform scales well, then this thing could well be built on the same foundations as the NX.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Nes mini vs sega mini console wars? Lmao

Post by Tanooki »

Eh as I said they were speculating too given on what people they can scrape info out of, but that's by no means very much more solid than we got so far (which is very little.) I personally don't care if it works 100% as nicely as the old games did on their original NES by all apperances (looks, sounds, control, steadiness.)