The Evil Within

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
winds
128-bit

Re: The Evil Within

Post by winds »

Shoot, I really wanted to play this game but apparently my ati 4890 gfx card doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Sad...
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

winds wrote:Shoot, I really wanted to play this game but apparently my ati 4890 gfx card doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Sad...

I tried finding videos of people recording gameplay using Radeon 4000 series to no avail. I think it'll run the game though, and there's a disk cache trick for cards with 1GB of VRAM. The bigger question however is whether this game is worth the asking price :lol:
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Pulsar_t wrote:The bigger question however is whether this game is worth the asking price :lol:

The answer is yes, it is.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Reprise wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:The bigger question however is whether this game is worth the asking price :lol:

The answer is yes, it is.

Gonna say it is the best ORIGINAL title they have put out on the PS4 yet. Not best game ever but good enough to justify what I spent on it. Though it was old trade credit from a very well priced garage sale haul. If I would have paid for it though, I would have been happy. I noticed, it does have that Bethesda feel to it. My only real complaint, why the cropped image, kind of suck no full screen. It would be nice if they patched it to drop the black bars, unless I am the only one having the issue?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

wclem wrote:I just finished 5 and going into 6 pretty well crippled. I have about 6 rounds and maybe one health item. Gonna be a lot of running.

I just finished chapter 5 and I know what you mean about being crippled :lol:
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

wclem wrote:It would be nice if they patched it to drop the black bars, unless I am the only one having the issue?

You're not the only one with that issue. Their facebook page was littered with complaints regarding this. I personally don't mind it; to me it's just a wider aspect ratio for a more cinematic feel (Beyond: Two Souls also did a similar thing), but I can see why you and others may disagree.

wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

It does add atmosphere to it, which is kind of cool. But on the other hand I have a big TV, use it damn it LOL!!!
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

BTW, I can not do chapter 6 at all. I'm on the bit near the beginning where you meet up with Joseph and you have to fend off waves and waves of zombies whilst he tries to open the doors. Damn, it's hard :(

wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Reprise wrote:BTW, I can not do chapter 6 at all. I'm on the bit near the beginning where you meet up with Joseph and you have to fend off waves and waves of zombies whilst he tries to open the doors. Damn, it's hard :(

How I did it.......

Make sure you make good use of the barrels and use the bolts to knock them out of the window as they climb in

I am in ch 9 right now and wasting time just looking around for something. It is probably right in my face but eluding me the same.

Are we the only people playing this on the board?? LOL
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

wclem wrote:
Gonna say it is the best ORIGINAL title they have put out on the PS4 yet.

What do you mean by this?