Capcom vs. Snk 2

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

Post by CD AGES »

GigaPepsiMan wrote:I've been playing some CVS2 on the xbox. I bought an old xbox original stick the other day, it had a dead button which I fixed and then killed again.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7260_o.jpg

Dunno if it is a region thing but I've owned both xbox and Gamecube versions of CVS2 and they were okay over here, no glitches from what I've seen, no audio issues and the EO can just be ignored.
The PS2 version of CVS2 was the worst in Europe as it only ran at 50hz with boarders while the Gamecube and Xbox versions both ran at PAL 60hz fullscreen.

You mashing on that Sakura "CC"? that's why :lol:

It could very well be. I have no exposure to PAL console releases of CvS2 EO so its possible the sound glitch on xbox may have been fixed by the publisher (or at their request) out there, or you are running the game on a console that has the patch (which automatically occured if one ever played the game with their console Connected to XBLA). That's some very interesting info on the PS2 PAL version of the game.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

The Sakura trick was so cool I had to learn how to do it, I fixed the stick again anyway.

The PAL version of CVS2 did not have online play, it had voice chat but multiplayer was local only. I think the game came out later in Europe than it did in America so the bugs were probably ironed out in the conversion.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If you want the game on the oXbox, you can always grab the Xbox Exhibition: Vol.2 demo disc. It has a full Japanese release of CvS2 EO missing only online (which doesnt matter nowadays). Granted the price of CvS2 EO has dropped recently to where the discount for the "demo" is not worth it anymore, but back in the day it was a $7 purchase for a $50 game.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

Don't know about the US but here the price of fighting games on the xbox dropped pretty low. CVS2, MVC2, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, DOA Ultimate, Soul Calibur 2, all cost me £3-5 each here. I can see MVC2 going back up years from now buyt it used ot be pretty high, there is a chain of second hand shops in this country called CEX and they have for years charged £18 for MVC2 xbox.