What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Ack »

Stark wrote:
Ack wrote:Saw Us. It's great. Go see it. That is all.

Ack, how horror-y is it? Hard to gauge tone from the trailer.

It's creepy and at times violent. There are scenes that might make you cringe. I don't find it overly scary, but it nails the creep factor.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Finally watched Solo. I know why some fans dislike it, but I thought it was a fine popcorn flick. The low point was young Han’s casting, but Lando was the high point (and L3, yeah). The film’s biggest problem was that it simply cost too much to make for what it was.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

Just watched Leprechaun Returns - it was far better than I expected. It picks up 25 years after the first one (the others don't exist for this movie's timeline) - quite a bit smoother than any of the other ones. Lotsa of humor (of the black variety) and Linden Porco/Hornswoggle do a fine job in lieu of Warwick Davis. If you enjoyed any of the earlier ones it is worth a looksee,
Last edited by Jake Armitage on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
Ack

Post by Ack »

I refuse to acknowledge the loss of Leprechaun in Space in the canon.
Jake Armitage
16-bit

Post by Jake Armitage »

Ack wrote:I refuse to acknowledge the loss of Leprechaun in Space in the canon.

Technically both Origin and In Space still fit in the Leprechaun/Returns time frame since they occupy the ends of both timelines.
"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"
marurun

Post by marurun »

What about Leprechaun in the Hood?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

marurun wrote:What about Leprechaun in the Hood?

I'm an ice t fan and was just checking memory of him being in that dumpster fire. Did not know the leprachaun went back to da hood for a sequel lol.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I've toned down my blog a bit, from two reviews posted a day to one. It only took me...225+ reviews to do that, or a little over three months. I'm amazed I write this much.

This also means I'm through the vast majority of reposting older reviews I had on here, so much more of my future content is from movies I've recently watched. Like today's content:

The Arena (1974)

Its the two stars of exploitation classic Black Mama White Mama joining up to kill Roman gladiators and fight their way out of human bondage. It's an exploitative throwback to a previous exploitative subgenre of sword-and-sandal flicks.

Note, I've not seen the Russian remake...but yes, there is a Russian remake. From 2001. With Playboy Playmates. Because this is exactly the kind of film that would star Playboy Playmates.

I'm also planning several weeks out still, so I'll have some other stuff in soon that I've not talked about with you guys. These movies include blaxploitation zombie flicks, psychic space vampires, horny ghosts, post-apocalyptic women, and space cops with the personalities of bricks talking about math equations that can end the universe. Also, maybe a Baldwin movie. No, not the good Baldwin either.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

marurun wrote:Finally watched Solo. I know why some fans dislike it, but I thought it was a fine popcorn flick. The low point was young Han’s casting, but Lando was the high point (and L3, yeah). The film’s biggest problem was that it simply cost too much to make for what it was.

Solo was awesome. I loved both this and The Last Jedi. Probably my fav Star Wars flicks since I first saw Empire.

I also have a real soft spot for Emilia Clarke tbh.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Nintendork666 wrote:
marurun wrote:Finally watched Solo. I know why some fans dislike it, but I thought it was a fine popcorn flick. The low point was young Han’s casting, but Lando was the high point (and L3, yeah). The film’s biggest problem was that it simply cost too much to make for what it was.

Solo was awesome. I loved both this and The Last Jedi. Probably my fav Star Wars flicks since I first saw Empire.

I also have a real soft spot for Emilia Clarke tbh.

Yeah I liked it a lot too. I pretty much agree with Maru, good popcorn flick and while I also thought Han's casting wasn't the best, still thought he did a fine job.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.