Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Michi wrote:What? Eleven!?

Get off our lawn!

Yeah, I was on here when I was pretty damn young. If it makes any of you you who dealt with my dumbass kid self, I really learned a lot about retro gaming and how to conduct myself from this site. Might have a hiccup or two but I'm much better off than then :lol:

It's weird to think, how I've been on here so long. I'll be 20 in just a few months, like damn. Time flies.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'm currently helping rapper MF GRIMM with an AMA over on reddit.com/r/hiphopheads so come ask questions if you're interested.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

52 Years In The Making!!

Let's Go Blues!!!

Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, dude, it was a great series. I'm happy to see the Blues finally get that victory.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Agh, dammit! Why do both this thread, and "Random Gaming Thoughts" have to be three word topic titles. I hate clicking on this one thinking it's the gaming thoughts thread.

Congrats to the city of St Louis for getting that Stanley Cup moment. As a Bruins fan, I refuse to believe the results, though. I'm not trying to start anything, but I really hate that Blues team*. It's like if the 2011 Bruins (a team I still like, don't get me wrong) and the 2017 Senators (just the worst affront to hockey--an abomination--thanks to Boucher) had a baby and decided to make Dave Schultz its surrogate. I'm a Boston fan, so I've seen some goon teams before, but that Blues team was a Goon (capital G) team, in the playoffs. There's no way to be coy about headhunting against Chara; It was blatant. There's no reason the play shouldn't have been blown dead after Bishop went down to that shot off his collar bone in the Dallas series, and there's no reason play shouldn't have been whistled in game 5 of the SCF, even for an offsetting penalty for diving (which it most certainly was not). Game 5 is still a magnificent asterisk, to me.

Game 7 is what it is. It's unspeakable that the Blues' game plan of not shooting anything on net, and hiding in the weeds was ultimately more effective than the Bruin's game plan of waxing the opponent up and down the ice for three periods, at home. The better team lost this series, but Calgary and Buffalo know what that's like too. It's nothing really new in the NHL, and this one wasn't as brutal as those two.

*EDIT: It's actually not that I hate the Blues team, so much as I hate their god awful coach.
Ack

Post by Ack »

If Something Awful has taught me anything, it's that sometimes the goons win. I appreciated seeing the difference in styles of two teams going at it; the Blues were overly physical, while the Bruins were a much better team in technique. One thing that stuck out was just how refined the Bruins' play was compared to the Blues (the Blues passing game was horrendous by comparison), but the Blues slammed and dropped people constantly while the Bruins didn't go for the hits nearly as often. You also had bad luck factor in, like Chara getting hit with the puck in Game 4. That was a horrible thing to have happen and a horrible thing for his teammates to see.

So instead the underdog won, a team that has never won before. Try to be happy for the fans who have waited so long, like those Cubs fans that finally got to see a World Series win. And don't worry, it's Boston. I'm sure you'll win some other championship next week.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Whenever I watch a video on any device, the picture and sound combine to make one single seamless medium, but when I use a bluetoothh speaker the video seems to be coming from one source and the audio is from another like 2 separate entities. Not sure what causes this using the BT speaker, but not my tv speaker or smartphone speaker.

Its like I am watching the TV downstairs on mute and the speakers are upstairs.

Also BT speakers sound very different than TVs, smartdevices, computers...etc. Its like deeper maybe.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

So as many of you might know, I recently built a new desktop computer. My last one was 10 years old. Well, my new PC runs much cooler than the last. I keep the PC in my bedroom, and the room stays cooler for longer than it usually would this time of year. This sounds like a good thing, but it's actually fucking up my AC.

Since the room is cooler, the AC compressor will shut off and run less often. So my room is cool, but since the compressor isn't running the room isn't being dehumidified. This is Long Island in the summer, so this is important. Every morning I've been waking up and finding it noticeably humid. Sure enough, I check my thermometer / hygrometer and it's cool and wet. This morning it was 71 degrees and 57% relative humidity. I'm thinking when the compressor shuts the fan is sucking in humidity from the outside.

I hate the humidity. I think I actually prefer it to be dryer than most people. I am perfectly happy when the RH is in the 30's. Even 40% is OK, but 57% just wont do! I think I have to buy a new AC that has a "dry" mode. It's 73 degrees and 53% RH at the time of this posting. Yuck.
Ack

Post by Ack »

57% humidity is high? Shoot, it's 72% humidity in Atlanta right now. The average is 68%.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I meant inside. Inside my bedroom was 57% RH when I woke up this morning. Its much higher outside. Probably been around 80%, maybe higher, but I don't pay much attention. This is Long Island, after all, it's very humid in the summer. In July and August it'll be 100% RH.

Well, I just picked up a new AC with a dehumidify mode. Hopefully it'll work good!

edit: I'm so glad I picked up a new AC, this one is so much better than my last!

So I had an AC for my bedroom that worked fine, but last year I decided I wanted to get one with a remote. The funny thing is, the light from the LED panel was so bright that it would keep me from falling asleep. So I taped a piece of cardboard in front of it to block the light, but then the remote wouldn't work. But at least it had a power on timer, which I took advantage off when leaving for work in the morning.

But this AC I just bought it a lot better. It has the dehumidify mode, which is mostly why I got it. But it has a few other nifty modes as well. I'll probably never use the sleep mode or the WiFi capabilities, but I'll definitely use the auto on again. But my favorite thing this AC does it be able to shut the display OFF from the remote! That way it isn't too bright when you're trying to sleep! It's also a lot quieter than my last AC. I've never had an AC this quiet, actually. It's an Emerson Quiet Kool (I have the 6k BTU model) if anyone is curious.

So it's now 70 degrees but still 48% RH in my room, so I just put it in dehumidify mode. Let's see how it goes!