New Shmup for Xbox 360

2D Shooters Invade
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

Flak Beard wrote:It breaks my heart just thinking about this handful of SHMUPs being unaccessible to me. I really hope a smaller publisher picks up on some of these. Come on D3! Go for it! :)

They would have better luck releasing a few Cave shoot 'em ups in a bundle - like the Ultimate Shooting Collection from Milestone (Chaos Field, Radilgy, Karous). The market for shooters is entirely too small to make multiple disc-based releases worthwhile.
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

RackGaki wrote:
Flak Beard wrote:It breaks my heart just thinking about this handful of SHMUPs being unaccessible to me. I really hope a smaller publisher picks up on some of these. Come on D3! Go for it! :)

They would have better luck releasing a few Cave shoot 'em ups in a bundle - like the Ultimate Shooting Collection from Milestone (Chaos Field, Radilgy, Karous). The market for shooters is entirely too small to make multiple disc-based releases worthwhile.

Agreed. I would love to see a Raiden IV/Raiden FA bundle. Some of these games I'm sure they could release on XBLA with the new 350MB limit.

Speaking of the Milestone collection, I hope they decide to do a PS2 or 360 port as well. As far as I know, it's only on Wii at the moment.
mrtie
16-bit

Post by mrtie »

Flak Beard wrote:Some of these games I'm sure they could release on XBLA with the new 350MB limit.

Don't count on it, Cave's first plan was a XLBA release for ketsui and DOJ, and microsoft shot them down and told them no go.

They went so far as to call it a faithless arcade port.

http://www.xblah.net/2008/03/5pb.html
LoneCynic
32-bit

Post by LoneCynic »

I can't resist the idea of playing Raiden IV and Raiden Fighters Aces, so I too am highly considering importing a Japanese Xbox 360 console. I have a couple of questions I would like to ask first to become better informed. First off, if I go the money saving route and purchase the Arcade console, can I attach a North American Hard Drive to it without problems? (I upgraded my USA Pro system to a 120GB HDD and have a spare 20GB lying around.) Second, can you guys give me a list of the best SHUMP imports for the Xbox 360 so I know what games to go after? Thanks in advance for the info.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

mrtie wrote:
Flak Beard wrote:Some of these games I'm sure they could release on XBLA with the new 350MB limit.

Don't count on it, Cave's first plan was a XLBA release for ketsui and DOJ, and microsoft shot them down and told them no go.

They went so far as to call it a faithless arcade port.

http://www.xblah.net/2008/03/5pb.html

If you read carefully, they do not call it a faithless arcade port. Microsoft has said that they wish to cut down on faithful arcade ports. Quite a difference! But still the same end result. No games for us.
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

LoneCynic wrote: Second, can you guys give me a list of the best SHUMP imports for the Xbox 360 so I know what games to go after? Thanks in advance for the info.

I don't have a full list in front of me, but off the top of my head (most of these are unreleased):

Otomedius Gorgeous
Raiden Fighters Aces
Raiden IV
DoDonPachi DaiOuJou BL
Ketsui
Death Smiles
Shikigami no Shiro III (there is a US release of this on Wii)
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »

That's five games I want, and five middle fingers for Microsoft.
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Re: New Shmup for Xbox 360

Post by ZenLogikos »

Hold your yen! 360 will see a drop in price in Japan, on September 11. Anyone looking to buy one may want to at least wait till then.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

Great! Which version or versions?
ZenLogikos
128-bit

Post by ZenLogikos »