The Arcade Puzzlers thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: The Arcade Puzzlers thread

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Perhaps I didn't use the best terminology. Didn't know what else to call this... But there are two different variations of Taito Legends 2.

The PC and (PAL-only) Xbox version have Bubble Symphony, Cadash, Pop'n Pop, and RayForce - which the PS2 version doesn't have.

PS2 version has Balloon Bomber, G-Darius, RayStorm, and Syvalion - these are not on the Xbox or PC versions.

So anyone who wants to experience all of Taito Legends 2 needs to buy 2 copies. It's annoying. The PC variant also has crappy DRM from what I recall.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Yeah, that and the awful DRM are some of the reasons I don't own those collections. Seems like a complete waste.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Perhaps I didn't use the best terminology. Didn't know what else to call this... But there are two different variations of Taito Legends 2.

The PC and (PAL-only) Xbox version have Bubble Symphony, Cadash, Pop'n Pop, and RayForce - which the PS2 version doesn't have.

PS2 version has Balloon Bomber, G-Darius, RayStorm, and Syvalion - these are not on the Xbox or PC versions.

So anyone who wants to experience all of Taito Legends 2 needs to buy 2 copies. It's annoying. The PC variant also has crappy DRM from what I recall.

^ yup.
TL2 on the PC has STARFORCE, the nastiest DRM around. It basically installs itself in the lowest level of your OS to do its disk checks. Reports of optical drives failing when this DRM installed , including an optical drive on my laptop which I believe caused it.

Other retro compilations also use StarForce:

Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe (contains MAT 2 & 3, only port that has the original Mortal Kombat included)

Namco Museum 50th Anniversary

Which really sucks because TL2 is such a well put together collection. Fortunately, TL1's DRM is SafeDisc which is much less invasive.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.