Marvel vs. Capcom games to be delisted from PSN, XBLA

Brawlers and Beatemups
mas
Next-Gen

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom games to be delisted from PSN, XBLA

Post by mas »

Just bought the two marvel games and some add ons. Great time to buy Jill and samura if you only have mvc3. I just wish konami would have dropped price for skull girls. Looks fun
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

are there add-ons on PSN that work to upgrade "standard" MVC3 to UMVC3? I have the CE on disc and never picked up UMVC3 (I have it on Vita). Otherwise the cheap XBLA version looks appealing...
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Thank god my oldest knows how to download. Now I can go to work and come home and play some nnew games.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:are there add-ons on PSN that work to upgrade "standard" MVC3 to UMVC3? I have the CE on disc and never picked up UMVC3 (I have it on Vita). Otherwise the cheap XBLA version looks appealing...

unfortunately MVC3 and UMVC3 are totally diff games - wasn't an upgrade patch like with SF4-->SSF4-->SSF4AE.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:are there add-ons on PSN that work to upgrade "standard" MVC3 to UMVC3? I have the CE on disc and never picked up UMVC3 (I have it on Vita). Otherwise the cheap XBLA version looks appealing...

unfortunately MVC3 and UMVC3 are totally diff games - wasn't an upgrade patch like with SF4-->SSF4-->SSF4AE.

ok. it is only like $5 on XBLA, so I suppose I'll grab that for my console copy
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

CD AGES wrote:That may be, but they are plenty viable considering it has online play and a decent netcode to boot, not to mention a small community that still play it in this form. Rather play these versions over the OG Xbox port, but that's just me I guess.

Most majors still use the DC version..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Aramonde wrote:With Capcom losing the license to Marvel, there's a good chance that they won't be able to stream UMvC3 at EVO or other fighting game tournaments. It almost happened last year at EVO with smash, when Nintendo said they couldn't steam the game. They did reverse this however when they got a fuck ton of backlash for it. The same thing could happen to MvC3, i mean this is Disney after all.

This could be the end of MAHVEL!!!!!!!!

I don't necessarily think that would be a bad thing.. More KoF 13 and Ultra on stream!!
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:Most majors still use the DC version..

That's a given considering the DC port is the best thing to playing it outside of Naomi. I've done nothing but praise the DC around here. My comment was about you mentioning prefering to play it on PS2 or OXbox over the xbla and psn ports which is rediculous considering the issues you mentioned having with the latter two. OXbox and especially PS2 version are terrible! Even more so than the digital versions.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

CD AGES wrote:
EvilRyu2099 wrote:Most majors still use the DC version..

That's a given considering the DC port is the best thing to playing it outside of Naomi. I've done nothing but praise the DC around here. My comment was about you mentioning prefering to play it on PS2 or OXbox over the xbla and psn ports which is rediculous considering the issues you mentioned having with the latter two. OXbox and especially PS2 version are terrible! Even more so than the digital versions.

The ps2 port is solid IMO.. It wasn't that much worst than the DC version.. The Live and PSN version have online but I still think they are shoddy ports.. I would use the DC version over anything though.. I just don't think it's a huge loss.. If it becomes legit on GGPO then that would be the best thing anyways,,
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

So, are the games going to rise in price or not?