Open letter to clocktower level in Castlevania Chronicles

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: Open letter to clocktower level in Castlevania Chronicles

Post by D.D.D. »

noiseredux wrote:pretty much all the music in Chronicles is excellent.

Indeed. :D You ever listen to any of the Dracula Battle remix music? It's great!
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Flake

Post by Flake »

Victory yet?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Flake

Post by Flake »

Victory yet?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I had to take a break. Probably tonight.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I've been playing this on my PSP for the last few weeks on and off. Very fun game, especially if you are into the older Castlevania stuff like me!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

noiseredux wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:I'm a big time 2D non-RPG Castlevania fan, but I just can't seem to ever get into Castlevania Chronicles.

Here's a tip though: If you ever want Castlevania Chronicles to seem like it sucks less, play Haunted Castle for a while then switch back to Chronicles. It'll seem AMAZING! :lol:

that's odd. To be totally honest, I'm fairly certain Chronicles is one of my favorites. Obviously SOTN looks and sounds better, but seeing as how I prefer the linear levels of Chronicles, I think it's really great.

Wow, really? I mean, not including SotN and the other RPGish Castlevanias, just the original 2D games... Chronicles is your favorite? There's just something that always felt "off" to me about it. I couldn't even explain it. Almost like it's stiff compared to the other games, if that makes any sense. And I never really cared for the level layouts either.

It did have some pretty cool music though, CD quality is always great. But speaking of that... What about Rondo of Blood? Have you ever played that? I think Rondo is tied in with Castlevania IV as my second favorite. I think I would have to say the first and third NES games are tied for my favorite of the 2D series.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Ziggy587 wrote:
Wow, really? I mean, not including SotN and the other RPGish Castlevanias, just the original 2D games... Chronicles is your favorite? There's just something that always felt "off" to me about it. I couldn't even explain it. Almost like it's stiff compared to the other games, if that makes any sense. And I never really cared for the level layouts either.

It did have some pretty cool music though, CD quality is always great. But speaking of that... What about Rondo of Blood? Have you ever played that? I think Rondo is tied in with Castlevania IV as my second favorite. I think I would have to say the first and third NES games are tied for my favorite of the 2D series.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the NES games. And I have all the GB games. If that means anything. Haha. But I guess that's what makes me really enjoy Chronicles. It (to me) just feels like a really pretty version of a NES Castlevania, and with better music. I think I found it a little "stiff" at first, but after about an hour I just got used to it. Plus, you whip diagonally down. I don't know. It just worked for me. (BTW I didn't say it was my favorite -- I said "one of" my favorites. :))

I have played Rondo Of Blood -- just recently got the PSP version. I like it a lot as well.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

D.D.D. wrote:
noiseredux wrote:pretty much all the music in Chronicles is excellent.

Indeed. :D You ever listen to any of the Dracula Battle remix music? It's great!

Since we're on the topic of Castlevania music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTFpMYhRbkQ

DJ Deadmau5 does Castlevania on his room-based synth setup..

If it weren't for the fact that minors frequent this board, you'd all be getting a pretty explicit description of what happened to my pants once I heard those old-school synthesizers play 'Vampire Killer'..
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The comments on that YouTube video are pretty funny. "I don't know what I'm looking at... but awesome!" and "My goldfish just exploded!" lol
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Ziggy587 wrote:"My goldfish just exploded!"

^ Best comment ever..
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)