So Thief 4 anybody?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Re: So Thief 4 anybody?

Post by optmusprimenumber »

Xeogred wrote:
MrPopo wrote:It's on my list. I want to play Thief 1 & 2 first, and those are taking a back seat to Dark Souls 2, and then will probably take a back seat to the Diablo 3 expansion.

I wouldn't skip Deadly Shadows if you haven't played it.

It really is a great game. And since Thief 4 expands on the hub world idea from it, it's absolutely worth playing it before 4.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Before I sold off my PS4 I got to probably around the middle of the game. Wasn't anything spectacular and after two play sessions it was shoveled back into my back log. I think it was the only PS4 game that I purchased and didn't bother finishing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

It took me a year of casually playing off and on to beat. lol... I can't say that about many other gaming experiences. I definitely had fun when I played it, but I only wanted to play it randomly once in a blue moon every couple of months, lmao.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

I beat it when it was still new. Liked playing it. Guess I don't hold it as dearly as Deadly Shadows. I haven't played the first 2, yet. I gave it to a cousin a while back to settle a debt but he recently traded off his 360 and forgot about the barter. He gave me the game back at Christmas time. Now I'm wondering if I'll ever play it again.

Also, any Thief fans here, any one of the series, that had trouble liking Dishonored? I played the first level and never went back.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

optmusprimenumber wrote:Also, any Thief fans here, any one of the series, that had trouble liking Dishonored? I played the first level and never went back.

By first level do you mean, the part where you're escaping the prison and getting to the pub? If so, I think you should play further. I also had a similar experience where I played a bunch of the first area and got really disappointed, because I didn't think it felt enough like Thief and I put it down for several years. But when I went back (I literally just finished it last week) I found that that first area, is a tutorial of sorts and is teaching you combat and other things you may never do again and once you get to the actual levels, it is exactly as much Thief as you could want (IMO).
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Stark wrote:
optmusprimenumber wrote:Also, any Thief fans here, any one of the series, that had trouble liking Dishonored? I played the first level and never went back.

By first level do you mean, the part where you're escaping the prison and getting to the pub? If so, I think you should play further. I also had a similar experience where I played a bunch of the first area and got really disappointed, because I didn't think it felt enough like Thief and I put it down for several years. But when I went back (I literally just finished it last week) I found that that first area, is a tutorial of sorts and is teaching you combat and other things you may never do again and once you get to the actual levels, it is exactly as much Thief as you could want (IMO).

That's what I like to hear. Thanks!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Dishonored is incredible but I can see how it's maybe a slow starter for some. The setting and atmosphere was just incredible though and I loved the HUB area. It feels like an incredible blend of Looking Glass games and the original Deus Ex... the greatest blend you could ever think of.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Xeogred wrote:Dishonored is incredible but I can see how it's maybe a slow starter for some. The setting and atmosphere was just incredible though and I loved the HUB area. It feels like an incredible blend of Looking Glass games and the original Deus Ex... the greatest blend you could ever think of.

I like the sound of that too
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I actually uninstalled Thief.. It just didn't grab my attention, what with dozens of other games that better deserve playing.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image