What are you eating?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: What are you eating?

Post by Luke »

MrPopo wrote:Velveeta Shells and Cheese are a great meal ...

Never.

Ya see, it's "Shells and cheese" whereas it is not a "Kraft Dinner". Big difference.

Made fish tacos yet again last night. Always a huge hit.

Not a big fan of chicken wings as they are mostly bone, with a lot of fat, and a little bit of meat. But when I saw them for $00.29 a lb., I stocked up.

Somewhat food related:

Girl Scout's Thin Mint cookies. Love 'em? I certainly do. Second only to Carmel Delights.

Building a bridge... My wife bought a new shampoo, Hydrating Teatree Mint" by OGX. Makes her noggin smell like a big ol' thin mint cookie. We also bought the conditioner because the scent was so delightful.

Just spreading the word that if you want your mate's hair to smell like minty chocolate, Teatree Mint by OGX.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Left over "tacos" I made last night.

Chicken Tinga, Fire Grilled Salsa, plus some Mexican Style Rice.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Just put a pot roast in the oven. I'm using wine as the braising liquid, and it should be totally ready (cooked, sauce reduced) in four hours.

Good things come to those who wait.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Luke wrote:Girl Scout's Thin Mint cookies. Love 'em? I certainly do. Second only to Carmel Delights.

You put 'em in the freezer... right, right?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Luke wrote:Girl Scout's Thin Mint cookies. Love 'em? I certainly do. Second only to Carmel Delights.

You put 'em in the freezer... right, right?

I may not understand your Ys obsession, but you're clearly good people.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:You put 'em in the freezer... right, right?

Are there toilet paper commercials about bears shitting in the woods?

Had another "Guys cook for Gals" night, and when I heard the words "Prego" and "Alfredo" in the same sentence I had to take things into my own hand.

What my friend wanted to make was a baked chicken alfredo with bacon and broccoli. He told me that he usually "nukes frozen broccoli, cooks some noodles, cooks some chicken, throws them in a pan, top it off with sauce and bake it for a half hour".

We went a somewhat similar route, but the first step was to replace bacon with pancetta. Second step was to use fresh, instead of frozen, broccoli. Last, but not least, was to not use a sauce from a jar. Instead for the sauce I did this:

4 TBSP Butter
4 TBSP AP Flour
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup cream
2 cups smoked Gouda
1 tsp ground pepper

Melt butter, add flour, create a roux. Slowly add and continuously mix milk and cream. Add shredded cheese, bring to a slow simmer and remove from heat.

For a "One Pot Meal", it's not bad. Not healthy, but not bad.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I hate baked pastas. Lasagna is ok, but the various casserole dishes that you can prepare on the stove all taste off to me. I think it's that I don't like what the oven does to the surface. The stuff in the middle is not really any different from what you'd get on the stovetop, and at that point it's like "why would I intentionally ruin part of this?"
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

baked spaghetti is godlike
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

MrPopo wrote:I hate baked pastas. Lasagna is ok, but the various casserole dishes that you can prepare on the stove all taste off to me. I think it's that I don't like what the oven does to the surface. The stuff in the middle is not really any different from what you'd get on the stovetop, and at that point it's like "why would I intentionally ruin part of this?"

I would have preferred this dish not baked as well, but as A.J Soprano asked "No fuckin' ziti?".

Baked ziti or rotini (I prefer rotini), and manicotti is amazing.

I get what you are saying as far as flat noodles go, but hollow noodles need a slow bake so the cheese/filling melts into the noodles.

BBQ chicken and grilled corn tonight. I need to post a pic of my new "grill station", and I'm not quite sure if I will use any sauce on the chicken or not. I have a home made chipotle BBQ sauce, but sometimes I prefer just a little s&p.

*edit- Just heard a commercial from Dave & Buster's for "All you can eat wings for twenty dollars!". Doubt I can eat four dollars worth of wings. Not sure how the restaurant enforces the no sharing policy, but who orders twenty dollar of wings in the first place?

I could see a person entering the joint at 1pm on a Sunday and having both a lunch and dinner consisting of wings and beer while enjoying football all day long.

But yeah. After ten or so wings I'd be winged out. However I have trouble finishing a hamburger and people always tell me I "eat like a bird", which I always thought meant people were making fun of my nose.

All you can eat's and buffets to me are gross. I'm unimpressed by digestive excess, just a half dozen wings and I'll yell hell yes.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Brie Cheese and WASA Crackers
My favorite cheese is Brie and Camberet, ooh that beautiful stink aroma! :lol:

I rediscovered Wasa crackers which have the "deep pan pizza" thickness and consistancy of tree bark. The cracker is a perfect match to gooey Brie cheese, Yum! :mrgreen:

Costco Kirkland brand pretty good stuff at a great price! Love their Cabernet Wine and Brie Cheese.

Has anyone shopped this chain in Europe?
There is a brand new store called ALDI, a German company. The very first (so far only) California grand opening of the chain is right in my neighborhood, Wow! A Trader Joes style with Costco prices and smaller footprint. Their in house brand Brie half the price of the Costco brand, I'll pick some up when I run low of the goo. :)

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425