Dark Souls II Announced

Level up here
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls II Announced

Post by Xeogred »

It's definitely better, having beaten both back to back like mentioned above... and well now that I've given them time, Dark Souls 1 definitely had more standout set pieces throughout. 2 is still killer though.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Beat it last night!!! SL158, time: 88 hours.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Stark wrote:Beat it last night!!! SL158, time: 88 hours.

Ng+. The real dark souls starts here.

Also, try tongue but, hole.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

flex wood wrote:
Stark wrote:Beat it last night!!! SL158, time: 88 hours.

Ng+. The real dark souls starts here.

Also, try tongue but, hole.

Praise the Sun!

One of the ones I liked, my friend put in front of the ore seller: "Visions of chest..." or something like that :lol:
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Damn i wanna play this. Summer sale, fingers crossed.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

noiseredux wrote:Damn i wanna play this. Summer sale, fingers crossed.

Do you use green man gaming at all noise? They have a program called play fire where you can link your steam account and get gmg credit for playing your games and getting achievements. I've got about $10 since I got Dark Souls 2, figure I'll have enough for a full game over the summer. Probably going to buy Evolve when it drops with it.

Edit: Did you ever play the first? I know you had issues with win 8 and games for windows live. I could hook you up with my ps3 copy if you haven't. I've been thinking about selling off all my ps3 stuff I just don't want to deal with pricing everything.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I have the first game on Steam. Havent tried it since switching to Win7. But i feel like the sequel would be a good intro for me.

I use gmg, but never heard o this credit thing. Is it intrusive at all? Need to install extra softare?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:I have the first game on Steam. Havent tried it since switching to Win7. But i feel like the sequel would be a good intro for me.

I use gmg, but never heard o this credit thing. Is it intrusive at all? Need to install extra softare?

I agree with your assessment that the sequel would be a good place to start for you. Then when you're ready DS will be waiting for you. Don't forget DSFix.

Playfire isn't too different from Raptr it just tracks playtime and whatnot like that.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

noiseredux wrote:I have the first game on Steam. Havent tried it since switching to Win7. But i feel like the sequel would be a good intro for me.

No software that I remember just sign up and you're good to go. Go to greenman and it says playfire right near the top. It was pretty simple and painless to sign up IIRC. Honestly I don't see any downsides to the program at all. One could argue that the fact that it is gmg credit and not steam credit but honestly I have a hard time spending money on steam outside of a sale when you can find everything cheaper elsewhere. I think gmg is always the cheapest place to preorder AAA games anywhere so that's really all I use it for, I got Dark Souls 2 for $40 dude. I was pretty close to picking up Xcom: enemy unknown the other day with my credit but realized I probably wouldn't end up playing it at all.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

flex wood wrote:I was pretty close to picking up Xcom: enemy unknown the other day with my credit but realized I probably wouldn't end up playing it at all.

Really? That's a shame, excellent game.