Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Post by TSTR »

God I need to get that. Listened to it the other day and man, fucking amazing.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

All I've heard has been their performance on SNL. I need to get the album too.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

J T wrote:All I've heard has been their performance on SNL. I need to get the album too.

that's the only place i've heard them also. no thanks, sounded like sheot. course that's just my opinion, i know you guys are fans and prolly hate alot of shit that i like lol.
Reseeded Hareline
8-bit

Post by Reseeded Hareline »

stickem wrote:
J T wrote:All I've heard has been their performance on SNL. I need to get the album too.

that's the only place i've heard them also. no thanks, sounded like sheot. course that's just my opinion, i know you guys are fans and prolly hate alot of shit that i like lol.

Huh? Have you ever heard of Midnight Marauders or the Low End Theory?
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Reseeded Hareline wrote:
stickem wrote:

Huh? Have you ever heard of Midnight Marauders or the Low End Theory?

yeah i bought marauders on launch and it was pretty good i guess, im more of a southern, west coast guy. maybe they just sucked live. just didn't care for it.
Reseeded Hareline
8-bit

Yeah, didn't really dig that performance either. Not sure what the hell Q-tip was wearing. I can dig old school south like the Geto Boys and Outkast. Not so much the newer stuff. I can get with west coast sounds prior to the G-funk era. That really set the West back when they started running out of Parliament samples to use. Above the Law was my shit.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Reseeded Hareline wrote:Yeah, didn't really dig that performance either. Not sure what the hell Q-tip was wearing. I can dig old school south like the Geto Boys and Outkast. Not so much the newer stuff. I can get with west coast sounds prior to the G-funk era. That really set the West back when they started running out of Parliament samples to use. Above the Law was my shit.

dam i thought i was the only above the law fan, which i think came before dre's gfunck thing. that's prolly my deal. when they came out i was all into rap-a-lot records, dre, outcast, tupac, brotha lynch. and then i hear marauders and q-tip can flow, don't get me wrong, but over elevator music. i just didn't dig the style. to each their own though. i haven't been a fan of much of these 90's rappers new stuff for what's that worth.

yeah and wtf was q-tip wearing? looked like he belonged in "the posse" movie
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

i take that back. i do like the newer 2 albums by triple 6, da mafia 6 or whatever dj paul uses these days. kind of a throw back to their earlier days. but they seem to be dieing off here lately lol.
Reseeded Hareline
8-bit

Yeah, I just stay stuck in the past mostly. Even my favorite 90s artists ain't producing the quality shit they used to. Masta Ace has been solidly consistent over the years. There's some modern artists like Joey Badass, Doppelgangaz, and Snowgoonz. They're more East coast boombap flavored though.

Black Hippy and TDE were putting out fire in their prime. ScHoolboy Q is probably my favorite modern artist from the west right now. That Blankface is sickening.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

yeah, stuck in the past myself. i like the occasional group i come across like demigodz or run the jewels (east coast, ironic isn't it?), but i can't really relate to what rap is today, i'm getting old lol. i mostly stick to my 1b favorite music, metal.