Sturmwind Hi-Scores & Discussion Thread

2D Shooters Invade
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Sturmwind Hi-Scores & Discussion Thread

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux wrote:
bryan_65 wrote:OK, after looking at the leader boards for a bit. It seems people are abusing the system somehow to get there names on more than once, how are they doing this is the fualt in the leader board design?

Will it keep your old score each time you update with the web code, if so I think that is a bad design. Who wants to see only a few names on a top 50. a few people have 5 or more spots on the list.

yeah I think it keeps every score you submit. Which does suck.

I just noticed they fixed this glitch, which is actually really nice. Apparently I'm still at #66. This might goad me to try to fix that soon...
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

noiseredux wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
bryan_65 wrote:OK, after looking at the leader boards for a bit. It seems people are abusing the system somehow to get there names on more than once, how are they doing this is the fualt in the leader board design?

Will it keep your old score each time you update with the web code, if so I think that is a bad design. Who wants to see only a few names on a top 50. a few people have 5 or more spots on the list.

yeah I think it keeps every score you submit. Which does suck.

I just noticed they fixed this glitch, which is actually really nice. Apparently I'm still at #66. This might goad me to try to fix that soon...

That's good news, but wouldn't it then be possible for someone to take someone else's name?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

o.pwuaioc wrote:That's good news, but wouldn't it then be possible for someone to take someone else's name?

I hadn't thought of that. I guess it could be possible?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

actually I'm wrong, it's not fixed. Look how many times the name "chrono" appears. Nevermind.