Games Acquired 2021

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2021

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Golgo 14 wrote:As for the H.E.R.O. discourse, that's one Atari game that has slipped my grasp over the years. I just checked prices on eBay, and yeah, I'll continue only playing that on emulators and flash carts. :lol:

That game must have gone up 4x its price since I bought. Crazy. I don't think I would have bought it at these prices either! It's weird, though. I thought Atari game prices were trending downward. Guess not.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Speaking of Atari, this arrived today:
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I have yet to bust my copy open. Been on such a colecovision kick, everything else has taken a backseat. I'd be interested to know what you think of it though.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Speaking of Atari, this arrived today:

Whew… is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Golgo 14 wrote:As for the H.E.R.O. discourse, that's one Atari game that has slipped my grasp over the years. I just checked prices on eBay, and yeah, I'll continue only playing that on emulators and flash carts. :lol:

That game must have gone up 4x its price since I bought. Crazy. I don't think I would have bought it at these prices either! It's weird, though. I thought Atari game prices were trending downward. Guess not.

At current prices, that thing better not have Actiplaque! I always thought a pumped up Matt Frewer could have played the main character shown on the label in H.E.R.O: The Movie.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I've heard the jumping in smurfs is weird, and dam, I still don't if I'm doing it right. up is jump but it only jumps diagonal if there is no object I need to jump over. it does jump over the obstacles if i hit up again. so basically jump twice. reached smurfette 3 times on my only playthrough. Mr Do's castle is a pretty fun puzzle game I'm still trying to figure out all the rules on. Gateway to Apshai looks like a primitive dungeon crawler. waiting on a controller insert for that one. basically return fire adds to my small boxed 3do collection. somebody actually accepted a fair price on for make an offer. those people are usually clowns on decent offers.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

You're playing the Smurfs game "correctly." The controls are just garbage.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:You're playing the Smurfs game "correctly." The controls are just garbage.

Thanks. Smurfs was my favorite cartoon as a kid, so wanted it in the collection. I can work with the controls, now that I know I'm doing it right lol.
marurun

Post by marurun »

What I dislike about the game is just how short the gameplay loop is. I enjoyed it as a kid but it wears real thin real fast.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

It was definitely a fanboy purchase. I watched this dude's funny review and still bought it.

https://youtu.be/NmD5ZcO41ys