Watch Dogs delayed till 2014

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Watch Dogs delayed till 2014

Post by Stark »

dsheinem wrote:
Sload Soap wrote:Shouldn't this thread have a new name by now?

W47(h �09$ �3�4�3� 71�� 2014

343 secretly made Watch Dogs?!?!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

s1mplehumar wrote:...I'll be playing Mario Kart anyway.

Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

dsheinem wrote:
Sload Soap wrote:Shouldn't this thread have a new name by now?

W47(h �09$ �3�4�3� 71�� 2014

Something like that, yeah.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

i just realized I'm still in technical tutorial mode with this game ha ha....it keeps introducing new things still but I suck at it for some odd reason especially since i missed the fixer..
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

The secret to this game is using the cameras most of the areas don't even require you to enter the restricted zones you just have to hop from camera to camera till you find what you need. Plus these areas sport explosive objects that can be used to thin the guards out before entering them.

The rest of the time you just need to use cover constantly. Unless the guards alert meter completely fills they will forget about you the second you get to cover. So basically you can play whack a mole pop your head up shot someone, go back in cover 2-3 secs while alert meters drain, pop back up shot some more, and then stroll through the area once everything is dead.

Usually I enter an area hack every camera I can marking all the guards and hacking all possible objects. Then I use the minimap and takes the guards out one at a time most of them are pretty split up so it's rather easy to catch them by themselves. Most of the time I just melee everyone but if your lazy you can simply pick them off with the Silenced pistol there is no need to hide the bodies either guards only inspect them once then walk off without raising the alarm :roll: . Hell you can even use a body to bait a guard to you for an easy melee take out.

The game only gets easier and easier as you go the blackout ability and IEDs completely break the games difficulty(Last Boss I fought died in 5 seconds from 2 IEDs :P) if you learn how to use them. Plus there is also Focus(Slow-motion) which I have only used 2 or 3 times because the game is easy enough without it :P.

Also don't worry about killing guards there is no reward for none lethal take downs(other then some extra EXP) which really ticks me off. I spent an hour on a mission once taking out 30-40 highly clustered guards all of which had some serious fire power and took plenty of effort to take out only using melee. Thought this would avert a plot twist that I had found out about the first time I tried the mission and what do I get at completion the same cut scene showing that I brutally murdered everyone :P. So basically the game doesn't care whether you put forth the effort not to kill anyone the only deaths that affect your good/evil status are civilians.

PS: On PC "T" holsters your weapon when outside of combat people freak out and start calling the police whenever they see a gun so be sure to keep it stashed in your coat at all times. On consoles I believe it is down on the directional pad from what I have heard.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

No on ps4 it's the L1 pressed(not held) once...I'm actually finally on the third chapter of the first act I think :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

So I ended up picking up a new graphics card today, not just for this game, but since I was having trouble with my old one, and I plan on doing more PC gaming this generation I figured why not? After a bunch of research, the best bang for my buck was an AMD r9 270x 2gb. The card ran me $184 after rebate.

Got it home and fired up watch dogs, did the auto detect and it put everything at high. I set the resolution to 1080p and was getting solid 35-45 fps with no dips below 35. I turned on vsync and it is locked at 30 now, I have not seen it go below 30 once and I couldnt be happier! Im sure if I turned down some settings it would hit a solid 60 with no issues, but I actually prefer the look of 30 fps. So now that I have performance issues behind me, I can enjoy the game... And like many of you have said... its pretty much just ok so far :|
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Finished it not to impressed with the ending really felt like I had no control whatsoever and there were still loose ends all over the place. Really the further I went in the story the sloppier it felt. There were to many characters that just popped in and out of the story making it hard to keep track of what was going on. Plus a few of the characters didn't make sense and there were no clear motives for why they randomly chose to help Aiden on occasion.

Aiden's self loathing also really started to turn me off. Game constantly berated me for being a monster even though I only killed when I was forced to and I repeatedly cleared entire missions with what should have been non lethal take downs :P. Aiden's whining about how everything is his fault and how he is such a bad guy got especially bad near the end and I really lost all interest in him.

They are really pumping this for a sequel as well. Credits had a stream of news reports and commercials filled with about 10+ minutes of characters and organizations that are undoubtedly going to be the focus of Watch Dogs 2 :P.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Fragems wrote:They are really pumping this for a sequel as well. Credits had a stream of news reports and commercials filled with about 10+ minutes of characters and organizations that are undoubtedly going to be the focus of Watch Dogs 2 :P.

Not surprised. This'll be Ubisoft's AC this gen. Expect 6 sequels and 6 spinoffs in 3 years.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Xeogred wrote:Not surprised. This'll be Ubisoft's AC this gen. Expect 6 sequels and 6 spinoffs in 3 years.

Don't bug me none, first new game i've gotten into in years and I'm content with what I've played of it so far. Finally got a bigger chunk of skills opened and it's starting to feel really great with all those skills unlocked and upgraded...
My gameroom