Xbox 360 Shooter Checklist

2D Shooters Invade
MC Rex Rexler
24-bit

Re: Xbox 360 Shooter Checklist

Post by MC Rex Rexler »

Wow, great thread! Finally got a 360 and this is a perfect jumping off point.
temple
8-bit

Post by temple »

So super stoked at the moment,futari is on its way here,can't wait to finally play it....
AnyOne here ever order with VideoGamesNY?
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Is there a reason we left off Radiant Silvergun from this list? I honestly can't remember.

Anyone see any other omissions?
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Do we want to include the shooters that are in the Game Room and the Capcom Arcade Cabinet?
Spyke
64-bit

Post by Spyke »

It's a big list for a modern console. I've got some of the PAL releases and a couple of xbla releases.

I was always under the imprwssion that the ntsc-J console was THE ONE to iwn but my PAL machine gets a lot of bullet action. I'm wondering if it's worth it to me to invest another £170 in a ntsc-J console fir the number of Jp region exclusive titles.

Raiden Fighter Aces has tempted me from day 1....

Ant
Jp-modded PS1 - PAL PS2 - Jp PS2 - Jp Saturn - PAL Xbox 360 - Jp Xbox 360 - Jp MD - Multi-region DC - Spare DC - Pal GC - GBA - DS-Lite
Spyke
64-bit

Post by Spyke »

Same question as above. Except now Caladrius has been added to the list of Japanese exclusives, and it looks like a good game. Plus I still really fancy the Raiden Fighter series...

Waddayathink? Do I still need a Jp 360? :?

Ant
Jp-modded PS1 - PAL PS2 - Jp PS2 - Jp Saturn - PAL Xbox 360 - Jp Xbox 360 - Jp MD - Multi-region DC - Spare DC - Pal GC - GBA - DS-Lite
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Spyke wrote:Same question as above. Except now Caladrius has been added to the list of Japanese exclusives, and it looks like a good game. Plus I still really fancy the Raiden Fighter series...

Ant

I'm a bit torn as well, though I only have an NTSC 360. There are a few exclusive titles that are region free and I am working on picking those up, but it might be easier to just import a system and get access to all of the games without worrying about regions.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

finerion wrote:
Spyke wrote:Same question as above. Except now Caladrius has been added to the list of Japanese exclusives, and it looks like a good game. Plus I still really fancy the Raiden Fighter series...

Ant

I'm a bit torn as well, though I only have an NTSC 360. There are a few exclusive titles that are region free and I am working on picking those up, but it might be easier to just import a system and get access to all of the games without worrying about regions.

I don't see a REAL strong argument for needing a JPN 360 anymore. The big one of interest for me was Ketsui, but now that's on PS3, so I'm a happy camper :)
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Are you playing Ketsui yet, Dave? Interested to hear your thoughts. We started a score thread for it, but waiting on a couple others for their copies to arrive.

I'd be really interested in detailed comments from any owners of:
Ginga Force
Caldrius
Eschatos
Bullet Soul

Those are the ones i'm still holding back on.

The only shooter on 360 I haven't really enjoyed was Otemedius Excellent - though i'd like to try it again - sold it pretty prematurely.