Gley Lancer
Warsong
Batman & Robin
Skitchin'
Divine Sealing(just kidding)
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

Post by Wanderer - Vega »

No love for Altered Beast or E-Swat? Come on!
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Post by whupthewickedwurm »

Oh, yeah, Altered Beast... "Rise from your grave!"

I thought it was a really cool concept when I was little. Beating up corpses and turning into a werewolf or dragon. AWSOME.

But I don't really remember if the gameplay itself was very good... I think it got kind of ridiculous once boxing Satyrs started pummeling you left and right and you had NO power ups. Or it could just be that I suck.

E-swat was cool in the arcade but I never played the Genesis version. Was it really good?

Did anybody here play Midnight Resistance? I never got to play it in the arcade but I liked it on Genesis. Great fun and a great soundtrack too. (All 2 of the background tunes! Ha)
little witch boy
24-bit

my spandex can barley contain my werewolf manliness

Post by little witch boy »

Hell yeah those two games kicked ass, but ive always bin an origanl snob and really prefer playing them in there origanl form (arcade) . I only played Altered Beast-tee and eswat on the genesis when Halona (a local store that use to have really cool arcade games) got rid of there games.

One of the funny reasons I really dug those sega games was for the sound clips they stole or used from 80s movies . The American werewolf in london howl was used in Altered beastey- witch is how all werewolves should howl. I thought it was a bloody riot when I heard a clip from Rambo first blood in the Golden Axe game. Id make it for you if yall could hear me. Oh yeah, In conan when Thorgrim gets stabbed by that spike booby trap he makes the gnarliest scream ive ever heard in my life, and it was used in Golden Axe when you kill the big dudes on the first stage.

Eswat- a damn fine way to make a robocop ripoff. Hell i might make those goofy smiles the cops make after they get there new metal uniforms an avitar of mine. Hint- the easy-est way to fight that dude who throws the boomerang is to use all your bullets before you get to him, then walk over and kick him in the nuts. BaM baddy goes down. Really cool, Its a blast shooting holes into puck kids trying to bash you with there hockey sticks. BANG BANG should have stayed at home and washed the dishes like yo mamy told you to, STUPID.

But yeah, whoo. solid gold those games are.
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
little witch boy
24-bit

Anyway.... favorete Genesis Games Ay?

Post by little witch boy »

Damn tuff question.... is there a limit?

Sonic the Hedgehog (and all its sequels except Mean Bean Machine)
p.s. I have a cute little hedgehog for a pet. He's really cool and likes to play with those toilet roll tubes.

Rocket Knight and its sequel
Phantacy Star (2,3,and 4)
Landstalker
Chulkan the forever MAN
Streets of RAGE (1,2,3)
Contra HC
CastleVania Bloodlines
Cyborg Justice
The adventures of BAtMan and RoBIN
Comic Zone
ExRanza or RangerX
Cotton
Shinobi 3
The Immortal
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite Heady
Some weird shooter game that had two types of fighters (a Blimp and a biplane or something)
Splatterhouse 3
Alien SOlder
Street Fighter 2
GLobal Gladiators
Eartthworm Jim
Sketchin
The eternal Champions

and last but not least

The Menasor games ........ha ha just kiding. that crapy thing could make a boring day even worse......wait a minute.. it did..

there is probably much more but that's all I can remember of the top of my head.
NOTE: SOnic is my number one favorete and all the others are all my other number ones- not listed from least to graitest nor one ubove the other. Damn, some body needs to make some more really cool 2D games.
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I just posted my Genesis "wish list" for the Revolution.

It's on digg.com right now -- vote (digg) for it to help promote it to the front page:
http://digg.com/gaming/Top_15_Sega_Gene ... ad_Service
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Re: my spandex can barley contain my werewolf manliness

little witch boy wrote:One of the funny reasons I really dug those sega games was for the sound clips they stole or used from 80s movies . The American werewolf in london howl was used in Altered beastey- witch is how all werewolves should howl. I thought it was a bloody riot when I heard a clip from Rambo first blood in the Golden Axe game. Id make it for you if yall could hear me. Oh yeah, In conan when Thorgrim gets stabbed by that spike booby trap he makes the gnarliest scream ive ever heard in my life, and it was used in Golden Axe when you kill the big dudes on the first stage.

Yeah, the folks at Sega had great taste in movies back in the day.

Halona used to have Sega games?!
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Re: Anyway.... favorete Genesis Games Ay?

little witch boy wrote:Some weird shooter game that had two types of fighters (a Blimp and a biplane or something)

Do you mean Steel Empires???

BTW I think Cyborg Justice is an extremely under-rated game. Being able to tear off another cyborgs arm and use it as your own is something I have yet to see in another game.
Last edited by whupthewickedwurm on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
retrogamer

Post by retrogamer »

Believe it or not Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Probably because it was the first game that I bought when I got my Genesis. I delivered alot of newspapers to save up for it to. Some Genesis games were pretty pricey when they first came out. A few were more than what XBOX 360 titles were selling for now.