Darius Series Question

2D Shooters Invade
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Yeah many of these shooters where you lose power by dying are almost as good as 1 life only in the mid to late game.

Ivo.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Darius's claim to fame, beyond the multi-screen thing, actually did have merit. The sea-life inspired bosses are all pretty cool, the Zuntata soundtrack is always crazy, and the level tree meant you had to replay many times to play all the levels.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Haoie
128-bit

Post by Haoie »

G-Darius is excellent.

It's also supposed to be the first, chronologically.

Not that anyone plays them for storyline.
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
marurun

Post by marurun »

They do play them for the weird endings, though.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I played Darius Gaiden on MAME and I'm trying to finish it also on the Saturn. It's a nice game. It's sort of like Sega Bass Fishing, but with guns :P (ok, it's not at all like Sega Bass Fishing, not that I played it but you know).

On MAME I was using save states and it was HARD. Is this one of those games that has rank? Because when I got to the last boss...
On Saturn I only have 2 credits but with a bit more practice I think I can finish it on Easy difficulty.
LoneCynic
32-bit

Post by LoneCynic »

Well, I broke out all my classic game compilations over the weekend with my cousin, and discovered that Taito Treasures Collection Volume 2 has both Darius Gaiden and G Darius on it. So I already had both games and did not know it. Played them both and they were interesting to say the least. I'm not into the horizontal shooters as much as I am into the vertical ones, but they were both interesting plays.