Hyperdimension Neptunia Series Appreciation Thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
wclem
Next-Gen

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series Appreciation Thread

Post by wclem »

I have most of the games. I have bought them regardless if I want to.play because we need to encourage porting of RPGs. I like these because they take the time to English dub them. I prefer dubbing over original voice. I bought sword art online and no dubs. I do not like trying to read while someone speaks a language I cannot understand, it is distracting.

Eyes dilated, sorry for any typos
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

wclem wrote:I have most of the games. I have bought them regardless if I want to.play because we need to encourage porting of RPGs. I like these because they take the time to English dub them. I prefer dubbing over original voice. I bought sword art online and no dubs. I do not like trying to read while someone speaks a language I cannot understand, it is distracting.

Eyes dilated, sorry for any typos

Yeah, I agree. I know my harcore anime friends are sub-only hardcore, but I don't want to read TV. Likewaise, I don't want to read my game (unless I'm intentionally playing a text based game or something). I keep subtitles on, but that's as a just-in-case if I miss a line or have trouble with an accent; if at all possible, I want dialogue to be in my language. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll take subtitles over no translation at all, but the fact that they put the effort into dubbing it with (what I think is) a stellar cast definitely sets it apart.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Bad lip syncing drives me nuts on some shows and games so I've been really into subs for about 7 years now. Can't stand most dubs and I actually use subs on pretty much everything that has them anymore. I even use them in Western games since a lot of characters have crappy accents and/or the dialogue is really slow so I just read the text ahead of time so I can absorb the info faster and keep an eye on other stuff or skip the dialogue if it's something insignificant. Plus it can be really hard to hear what the characters are trying to say in some games once the bullets/magic starts flying.

One thing I will give dubs over subs though is some devs get lazy and don't sub everything and that really ticks me off :P. In the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles I ended up going to English after a few missions because while the main dialogue was subbed most of the in battle conversations wasn't which bugged me even though the battle chatter was mostly pointless one liners.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Alright, I finished the zombie game. Check out the Games Beaten thread for my review. Here's a URL to the page in case it gets buried before interested parties get to see it.

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=49713&p=1044512#p1044512

tl;dr - don't buy it
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm picturing you crying in a corner and accusing your Nep plushie of betraying you.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

MrPopo wrote:I'm picturing you crying in a corner and accusing your Nep plushie of betraying you.

I don't actually have a Nep plushie (yet), but I am hoping to get a Nep or Noire body pillow soon.... :twisted:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I'm picturing you crying in a corner and accusing your Nep plushie of betraying you.

I don't actually have a Nep plushie (yet), but I am hoping to get a Nep or Noire body pillow soon.... :twisted:

Get Noire. She's far superior to Nep.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I agree. Noire is da sexy. Nep is like a little sister though. Couldn't do it.

Dear Diary,

Today on a forum I discussed the sexual merit of fictional video game characters. This is a new low for my life. Congratulations!?

Yours truly,

Exhuminator
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Fragems wrote:One thing I will give dubs over subs though is some devs get lazy and don't sub everything and that really ticks me off :P. In the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles I ended up going to English after a few missions because while the main dialogue was subbed most of the in battle conversations wasn't which bugged me even though the battle chatter was mostly pointless one liners.

That was an issue I had with Vanquish. I genuinely had to check and recheck if I'd turned on subtitles because all of the in-game chatter wasn't subtitled, and I genuinely wanted to know what was going on Xp

Also, where does the name "Nep Nep" come from? Do they call her that in the games?
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
Fragems wrote:One thing I will give dubs over subs though is some devs get lazy and don't sub everything and that really ticks me off :P. In the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles I ended up going to English after a few missions because while the main dialogue was subbed most of the in battle conversations wasn't which bugged me even though the battle chatter was mostly pointless one liners.

That was an issue I had with Vanquish. I genuinely had to check and recheck if I'd turned on subtitles because all of the in-game chatter wasn't subtitled, and I genuinely wanted to know what was going on Xp

Also, where does the name "Nep Nep" come from? Do they call her that in the games?

Yeah, and it's her euphemism for just about everything. When she's fighting, she'll say "I'm gonna Nep you all up!" When you set out on the world map, she'll say "Let's get Nep-Nepping!" Compa calls her "Nep-Nep." Plutia calls her "Neppy." IF calls her "Nep." It's just sort of her thing.