Best versions of Rayman 1 and 2?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Best versions of Rayman 1 and 2?

Post by BoringSupreez »

Ima restate what others already said and say that Rayman 1 is best on Saturn, and Rayman 2 is best on Dreamcast.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

Handheld wise, for Rayman 1 go with the Dsi version.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

I'm gonna side with the Saturn version for Rayman 1. The visual quality and framerate are the best among the ports, and sound is fantastic. I would highly recommend playing any of the home console versions instead of the handhelds, since they took a lot of the sound direction away. The sound and music was one of the games strongest points, as well as incredible platforming.

I haven't played Rayman 2, but I hear the Dremcast version is the best. A lot of people bashed on the 3DS version simply for being a remake, but it should work pretty well.

If you own a 3DS at all, then you'll be able to play both the first and the second. The first one was released as a DSi download (not as good as home console veriosns, in temrs of sound and screen size), and the second was a full 3DS release. PSP has them both too, via the PSOne Classics section on PSN.