Just finished Sands of Times

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
graffix_13
64-bit

Re: Just finished Sands of Times

Post by graffix_13 »

J T wrote:I had the same problem. Actually, I thought Warrior Within was ok as far as gameplay is concerned, but the music and the darkness of it all made it feel like the game was just trying too hard to be edgy.

Agree 100%. The dark and edgy stuff just doesn't work with the PoP franchise. Well, at least in my opinion. It just tried too hard, and after awhile it just became a joke.

Overall I did enjoy Sands of Time, but I think my favorite Prince of Persia version is the one for SNES/Genesis.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

If you want a great PoP game, IMO, play Prince of Persia, the recent reboot. Combat was fun and interesting, cool little story, lots of polish. I'm sad that it seems like they won't be making a sequel to it.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Stark wrote:If you want a great PoP game, IMO, play Prince of Persia, the recent reboot. Combat was fun and interesting, cool little story, lots of polish. I'm sad that it seems like they won't be making a sequel to it.

Really? I loved the Sands of Time, but I found the 2008 game boring as hell. The levels all felt too similar, I did not care for the female lead, the combat was HORRIBLE, and the instant retries made the game lose the balance SoT had (with the limited rewind ability).
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

ZeroAX wrote:
Stark wrote:If you want a great PoP game, IMO, play Prince of Persia, the recent reboot. Combat was fun and interesting, cool little story, lots of polish. I'm sad that it seems like they won't be making a sequel to it.

Really? I loved the Sands of Time, but I found the 2008 game boring as hell. The levels all felt too similar, I did not care for the female lead, the combat was HORRIBLE, and the instant retries made the game lose the balance SoT had (with the limited rewind ability).

I loved the combat. *shrug* I can understand people not liking the instant retries, it did feel a little too easy, but I still really enjoyed it. Probably my second favorite modern PoP.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Stark wrote:I loved the combat. *shrug* I can understand people not liking the instant retries, it did feel a little too easy, but I still really enjoyed it. Probably my second favorite modern PoP.

:lol: . The reason I hated the combat was probably cause I sucked at it. I remember the first branch boss being a pain in the ass. I gave up on the game a bit later.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.