The Top 25 Seller/Buyer/Trader as of July 4, 2020

Post Your Goods (and possibly trade wishlists) here
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Re: The Top 25 Seller/Buyer/Trader as of 8-18-10

Post by AmishSamurai »

Some reason I expected Breetai on that list. Either way, congrats to our top 25
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Kid Dracula wrote:I made it? I MADE IT?! OH MY! There's so many people to thank....God for one....then my mom....can't forget the buyers.. nah joking but I have to leave feedback for everyone who bought from me....this is going to take a week...BAH! :cry:

But seriously, thanks duders.

your probably our rookie of the year seller since you got on the top 25 so fast from the time you join this forum. congrats buddy! 8)
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

swiftzx wrote::cry: And I was so close to make it on the list...

How close were you?
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

I've Added the:

badge on the first page of my sale thread. post it proudly guys! 8)
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Post by ReddMcKnight »

I...I'M on the list?? Me? Well, this is unexpected. No, really. It is. I'd like to thank all the people who gave me good feedback. I'd also like to thank my friends: emwearz, weasels, and SnowKitty.
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
Flake

Post by Flake »

Someone with tons of power should sticky this.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:@dsheinem: speach! Speach!

Flake wrote:Someone with tons of power should sticky this.

To be honest, while I appreciate the recognition it seems to me like this thread makes the BST forum a contest for bragging rights. It also might make it harder for new traders to get going if someone in the "Top 25" has the same stuff as someone in the "bottom 25". As far as I can tell, the existing feedback thread does its job well. So while I appreciate sevin's efforts to throw this together, I am not in support of the potential distinctions it sets up.

Besides, numbers don't tell the whole story. Sevin is easily quicker with shipping and better with packaging than me, even though he ranks below me. People like SnowKitty are primarily only selling, so the ranking says nothing about how good of a buyer/trader he might be. Some folks have very low feedback but have provided some of the best trades with great deals and free bonuses. Some of the people on the list aren't very active anymore, while others don't have the kind of longevity that might signal trust for some skeptical traders.

So, I am against sticky-ing the thread.
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

dsheinem, I'm beginning to think you should change your sig to something like

"I will rain on your parade unless you are a fairly new member with an attitude problem." :lol:

J/K, mostly. It does seem like you come to the defense of the assholes more often than the established good standing members though. What's up with that?

BTW: I understand where you are coming from about this thread, but I didn't look at it like a system for proving superiority. It just seemed like a little bit of fun. I don't understand why the B/S/T forum has to be run like we are robots or something. Only communicating in +1/-1.

I've also done business with many of the members on the top list and while there are certainly some differences between them they were all honest and trustworthy people. You don't get a high number of positive feedback by screwing people over that is the whole purpose of the system. I would be more likely to buy from an ebay seller with 1000 feedback at 100% than one with 10 feedback at 100% and there isn't anything wrong with that, they have earned it.

I wouldn't get upset if you and I had the same item for sale and someone chose to purchase from you because of your higher feedback rating. It makes sense.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

jp1 wrote:dsheinem, I'm beginning to think you should change your sig to something like

"I will rain on your parade unless you are a fairly new member with an attitude problem." :lol:

J/K, mostly. It does seem like you come to the defense of the assholes more often than the established good standing members though. What's up with that?

Do I really rain on parades that often? I closed that recent thread because it was violating the rules we agreed upon as a community...I didn't realize I've made a habit of this.

I actually do a lot to protect "established" members by taking down posts by new people who violate the two week wait rule, by PMing them suggestions for how to establish themselves and improve their threads, by trying to do what I can to sort out snafus, by being quick to reply, and by generally enforcing the rules for this forum as best I can.

That said, someone needs to look out for the n00bs as well, and I wouldn't be a very just mod if I always sided with the established crowd. Sometimes "assholes" shape up when given a second chance and are shown a little reasonable compassion. Maybe it's just a result of my bleeding liberal heart...

As to the quantitative/qualitative feedback issue - you've made my point for me. We already have both self contained in one thread, and I feel that they work together to keep things running smooth and make the place work. I feel that the top 25 list - while a fun exercise - overemphasizes the quantitative aspect of the feedback thread.
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

dsheinem wrote:To be honest, while I appreciate the recognition it seems to me like this thread makes the BST forum a contest for bragging rights. It also might make it harder for new traders to get going if someone in the "Top 25" has the same stuff as someone in the "bottom 25". As far as I can tell, the existing feedback thread does its job well. So while I appreciate sevin's efforts to throw this together, I am not in support of the potential distinctions it sets up.

Besides, numbers don't tell the whole story. Sevin is easily quicker with shipping and better with packaging than me, even though he ranks below me. People like SnowKitty are primarily only selling, so the ranking says nothing about how good of a buyer/trader he might be. Some folks have very low feedback but have provided some of the best trades with great deals and free bonuses. Some of the people on the list aren't very active anymore, while others don't have the kind of longevity that might signal trust for some skeptical traders.

So, I am against sticky-ing the thread.

i couldn't agree more with this. just because members are more active in the B/S/T forum doesn't mean they are any better than the members that might have just bought/sold one or two items.
if you took a shit, please put it back