Games You Can't Find Reviews For...

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Ziggy

Re:

Post by Ziggy »

Jubal wrote:SimCity 2000

It is not worth getting, at all. I had it on Saturn and SNES, which seemed to be the same version. It is nothing like the computer version. Now I know SNES Sim City was a lot different then its PC counterpart, but I think it was better.

Sim City 2000 on either the SNES or Saturn just ran too slow to work with. It took forever to move the cursor on the screen. That, and that alone, really made the game unplayable for me.

If you want, I'll type up a proper review for it with screen shots and all. In fact, I think I might do that anyway since there's isn't any on the web.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Re: Games You Can't Find Reviews For...

Post by slowslow325 »

Faceball 2000
Last edited by slowslow325 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J T
Next-Gen

Re:

Post by J T »

Jubal wrote:SNES:
Shadowrun(specifically the SNES one)

Samtron reviewed this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_OjIZBhbis
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Ack

Post by Ack »

SD Hiryu no Ken Densetsu - Nintendo 64
shadobeni
24-bit

Post by shadobeni »

are you taking about the pc game mafia published in 2002? Most of the popular game sites reviewed that one.
triverse
16-bit

Post by triverse »

I have always wanted to read a review of Robo Warrior but couldn't find one so I wrote one myself (maybe there are others out there that have checked it out).

Some of the games listed had reviews in mags like Gamepro and Game Players (though admittedly, they were skipped in mags like EGM and Gamefan).
Tomorrow's biggest stars are at Scenic 7 PR today. http://www.scenic7pr.com
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

slowslow325 wrote:Faceball 2000

I'm pretty sure Nintendo Power had a write-up on Faceball 2000.

How about a review of The Ultimate Stuntman for the NES? It is an unlicensed game, so there may be no professional reviews of it.
axlryder
16-bit

Re:

Post by axlryder »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Dynamite Heady - game gear (rare game gear title like 1997-98 transition)

Dynamite Heady was an excellent game. It was a 2d platformer made by treasure (that right there should be a decent selling point for most gamers) with psuedo 3d elements. The game had an interesting art direction that was extremely....japanese. It looked and played like a combination of Rayman and mischief makers for the N64 (another awesome treasure game). The graphics were easily some of the best for the system, utilizing every pixel to its fullest. I don't exactly remember the premise, but in essence, your goal was to rescue the female equivilent to heady (the hero), who was another rayman-esque creature. In the game, you could gain various temporary powerups in the fashion of kirby that were, to say the least, pretty unconventional. The level design was creative and fun, and definitely exuded that patented japaneseyness (not a word) that I mentioned before. A notable quality the game had was its sense of humor, which was almost akin to the parodius series if you've ever played it. If I remember correctly, controls were a little annoying at times, and could seem almost sluggish, but were still pretty tight on the whole. The boss fights were particularly creative in their design, and could always bring a smile to your face (if you weren't flinging your controller at the wall in fustration). All in all, it was a great game and comes highly recommened.

Sorry if the review seems shallow, or inaccurate, as its been years since I played that game.
hardrrocker
16-bit

Post by hardrrocker »

Yeah this is going to sound weak but, spacewars, arcade
I put rocket fuel in my vaccuum and it started a fire in my house. I am so mad at Black & Decker for making a vaccuum that I can't do what I want with.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

hardrrocker wrote:Yeah this is going to sound weak but, spacewars, arcade

My dream Arcade, need money and room for this behemoth.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=240005#p240005

Link at at bottom of the reply shows history. This Thread needs revived.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208401#p208401
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425