PGM - Poly Game Master Arcade Games & Hardware - Information

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
mjmjr25

Re: PGM - Poly Game Master Arcade Games & Hardware - Informa

Post by mjmjr25 »

Demon Front ($80 PCB, $90 cart), Spectral v. Generation ($75 PCB, $175 cart) and The Gladiator ($90 PCB, $140 cart) are all PCB and CART release.

Espgaluda ($300 PCB, $200 cart), Ketsui ($650 PCB, $250 cart), and DDP DOJ ($350 PCB, $225 PGM1 conversion cart, $275 PGM2 official cart) are all PCB and CART CONVERSION release.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

hmm I may have over paid a couple bucks, I got my Demon Front PCB for $100 including shipping. But it was very well packed and the shipping price on the box was like $15 or so. Probably alot cheaper to ship a Cart than a PCB as it needs alot less protection.

Really fun game and I'm pleased with my purchase, I'm in the middle of moving so most stuff is packed away and haven't had much time to play lately. Can't wait to get settled so I can put some more time into it.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Juuuuuust unpacked my motherboard today, gotta go over to my buddy's and steal my supergun back tomorrow so I can play iiiiit! :D

That thing was smaller than I expected, honestly. Very efficient use of space.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Awesome - excited to hear your thoughts. It's such a fun library!
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Well, messed around for 20 minutes on Oriental Legend last night. I mean, what is there to say really? You can play as a Monkey!! :mrgreen:

No but really. Fun game, I like the sub-menu idea with the special weapons so you an choose from multiple. I found a chinese (?) png with the movelist - I can read what anything's called, but at least I can see what the button inputs are supposed to be, so that's nice. The branching paths is a neat idea, I jumped down in the pit in the 2nd area just on a lark and was like "Oh hey, a different path! Oh hey, lots of treasure! OH JESUS CHRIST EXTRA BOSS!!"

I think it's really going to shine multiplayer though. Beat-em-ups really call out for multiplayer. I ordered a 3p/4p adapter box for my supergun from James, he said it should ship out by the end of the week. Now I just need 3 friends :lol:

As to Killing Blade that you sent me, I have no patience for playing 2d fighters against the computer, so I literally only turned it on for maybe 5 minutes if that, I'll give it a better test when one of my buddies comes over. I like the art style, and I also appreciate that the moves don't seem TOO difficult to pull off. I need to figure out how to tag (it seems possible, I swear I saw the computer do it once)... and I need to try it on my crt. I initially hooked it up to the LCD in my living room because I was being lazy on the couch, and while OL was gorgeous, and MOST of KB was pretty too, I noticed an issue with my sprite as I jumped. Sometimes, but not always, it would show slightly corrupted. When I played with the sync stripper switch on my supergun (because I have no idea which way is on and which is off), it cleared it up mostly but not entirely. Hoping it's just a fluke of being on an LCD and switching back to a tube tv as god intended makes it go away.

I also noticed that the motherboard actually DIDN'T have the battery on it like you expected it would, which is nice I suppose. I really don't need the battery for anything (it appears to mainly be for bookkeeping, since it defaults to red blood and all the other soft dips didn't seem important), so I'll probably leave it off, but I might always add a holder some day, just nice to not have to worry about it leaking before I get around to that.
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I noticed that as well - I think I ordered 6 mobo's this last time and none of them had batteries - so I wasn't sure what to make of that, though I personally was pleased.

OL is so fun - ease into that one, and then break out to OLS, and then OLSS...and then OL2 on PGM2. Just wait for that buddy - you have character cards that you have hook up to these external card readers and you need to build them up to advance in the game. I don't have any friends either, so if you move here, we can play together :mrgreen:

We did KoV as a BUMP (beat 'em up of the month) over on neo a few months ago and we were doing ok - then we started watching videos on youtube and were blown away at the depth of the moves and combinations that are possible.

Killing Blade like I said is "solid", it isn't a rushed entry, it isn't horrid like Fight Fever or something, but it isn't going to make any top 10 lists either. Martial Masters is where it's at - similar engine to Garou and very well tuned, meaning everything feels natural, well timed, consistent. It of course fetches a higher price though.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

I'm bumping this thread because the PGM deserves more love.

It is very, very Asian. Every game I've played so far (I have 8, but that includes 2 versions of KoV and 2 of KB and 2 of OL... they had a lot of games with new versions) has had a distinct Asian flavor, but has just been a ton of fun. The colors are a completely different palette than you'd get from a Neo Geo or a CPS2 game, the music is overall pretty cool... I think I'm as hooked as you, Mike.

My one complaint is that it doesn't have the same dual-language ability that the NG does. I would love to read what they're telling me in the KoV cut scenes. Maybe some day after I compile the whole library (9 games down, 20 to go if I'm not counting the conversions) I'll try to find ones that have English language on them (I know some CPS2 games had English language on their Asia region boards, so maybe these do too?) since I know they're out there. I wish a simple rom swap would do it, but being that I have found literally zero evidence suggesting it's possible, I'm guessing it's not.

Or maybe Darksoft will figure out a multicart for the PGM and I can use that for English-language needs. Not holding my breath on that one though, I feel as though there's significant hardware changes between certain carts (I opened a couple of mine to clean them better and noticed they looked completely different)
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I know for a FACT i've played KoV in English. Now, the question is, am I just referring to the Atomiswave game...or was it PGM.

I know Yodd just did a video over on RM and really broke the system down - I wonder if he found anything in the dips?

IIRC when we played KoV on NG it was either whisper or pipes who told me how to get the English language option, might want to hit one of them up too...