Deathsmiles II Hi Score Thread

2D Shooters Invade
Kidpanda
64-bit

Deathsmiles II Hi Score Thread

Post by Kidpanda »

Hola guys! Well I did a search and noticed there wasn't a thread for this one so I figured I'd start one.
Usual rules apply, 1 credit, Normal Difficulty, yada yada yada
The game is OK but not really a fav of mine, but let's get another score thread!

1. Kidpanda - 1,791,160,495 - ALL - FOLLET - 360
Last edited by Kidpanda on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Re: Deathsmiles II Hi Score Thread

Post by Kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 1,714,483,631 - Stage 5 - Follet - 360

mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Linking to hi-scores thread...

I've not played this - is it 360-J only? (aside arcade, that is)

I've heard it isn't nearly as good as the first which is a huge letdown as I absolutely adore the original.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

mjmjr25 wrote:Linking to hi-scores thread...

I've not played this - is it 360-J only? (aside arcade, that is)

I've heard it isn't nearly as good as the first which is a huge letdown as I absolutely adore the original.

It was released in the US as a Games on Demand game. Cave even released it themselves which I found very odd. I picked up the disc version and want to work on the game some more which is why I even made a score table lol! It's not bad per se, but not what I would call CAVE quality. The gameplay is there, it's just ugly looking.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

...games on demand...is this like online, Download only? The disc version is JP only though, righ? And region locked? If not what I thought I knew I did not know and I will buy a copy somewhere tonight.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

mjmjr25 wrote:...games on demand...is this like online, Download only? The disc version is JP only though, righ? And region locked? If not what I thought I knew I did not know and I will buy a copy somewhere tonight.

Yea through Xbox live there are games they offer, most have retail releases but DS II is download only, it's also 29.99 :(
I'm not sure if the disc is region locked as I only have a Jp 360 now, hopefully someone else can chime in?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

The disc is region locked. The game is not worth $30. Fun, but not close to the original.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

noiseredux wrote:The disc is region locked. The game is not worth $30. Fun, but not close to the original.

I only bought it to support CAVE. Needless to say they gave us nothing else. Oh well. And for the record Saidaioijou sucks and is NOT worth what any of the versions command. In saying that I will most likely buy the PCB when it's sub 500.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 1,791,160,495 - ALL - FOLLET - 360

DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Nice timing on this thread, the arcade game is now playable on PCs in a similar way to the Taito Type X games that were cracked a while back. Check out the 'Deathsmiles II Emulated?' thread on ShmupsForum for more details. :)

I just tried it and it runs pretty smoothly, aside from one or two flickers in the background graphics.