Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Let's talk about your NEO GEO collecting + PRICE GUIDES

by ninjainspandex Sun May 11, 2014 1:33 am

mjmjr25 wrote:I started a buy over in the Zelda Doll forum.

@ninja - AoF3 is pricey man, like $75. KoM2 is not cheap either, would be around $65 :/

:( damn these are games that I enjoy but not that much to pay more than $50 on, oh well.

Seems like MVS has kind of skyrocketed in that past couple months, guess I got my collection just in time.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Sun May 11, 2014 1:37 am

@ninja - AoF3 is pricey man, like $75. KoM2 is not cheap either, would be around $65 :/

Uuuughhhh...

I'll take a look when I get home, NG is blocked from work.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun May 11, 2014 4:23 am

With the NGPC games like Pocket Tennis, is the colour version simply that? A colourised version of the original b&W game?

I know that in the case of Neo Geo Cup Plus you can tell (by the fact that your team has pretty useless markers next to it) that the game was a port, however I believe they added an ultimately pointless exhibition match mode.

Any major differences anyone knows of between B&W and colour games other than the palette?

Are any B&W games worth picking up if you can get the colour version instead?
Ack

by Ack Sun May 11, 2014 2:45 pm

Ok, I've done it. I've gotten every trophy in Pocket Tennis Color. There are 19 in all:

4 seasonal: Spring, April 1st, Summer, July 19, Autumn, Sept. 26, Winter, Dec. 25
12 zodiac: These are acquired during the period of each zodiac sign over the course of the year.
3 randoms: Oriental, Delta, and Ordovician. These will randomly appear but are the most common you will find.

Also, I beat Puzzle Bobble Mini over the weekend.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sun May 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Ack wrote:Ok, I've done it. I've gotten every trophy in Pocket Tennis Color. There are 19 in all:

4 seasonal: Spring, April 1st, Summer, July 19, Autumn, Sept. 26, Winter, Dec. 25
12 zodiac: These are acquired during the period of each zodiac sign over the course of the year.
3 randoms: Oriental, Delta, and Ordovician. These will randomly appear but are the most common you will find.

Thanks for finding that out. I've noted that down to use in future. You should submit it to gamefaqs too.
Ack

by Ack Sun May 11, 2014 3:10 pm

alienjesus wrote:
Ack wrote:Ok, I've done it. I've gotten every trophy in Pocket Tennis Color. There are 19 in all:

Thanks for finding that out. I've noted that down to use in future. You should submit it to gamefaqs too.

Yeah, I think I'll do a small guide for them there. I've noticed while looking around for info that they don't have a lot for the NGPC outside of the bigger names.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Mon May 12, 2014 1:00 am

I went in for KoF 2002 just out of random choice honestly, but it occurred to me -- if you're thinking of doing the competition thing you were discussing, I might want to get the same one others are getting. You have any input?

Golden Axe however... Golden Axe :D I can't wait for Fox's STV boards to come in.

Honestly at this point if I can find a cheap 1 slot I might just pick that up and use it with my supergun until such time as I ever get the converter.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Mon May 12, 2014 6:29 am

Ack wrote:

Is there some way to save this game or do you just play the whole thing through in one go?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon May 12, 2014 8:10 am

Betagam7 wrote:
Ack wrote:

Is there some way to save this game or do you just play the whole thing through in one go?

it saves your progress. There's 99 puzzles in the main mode if I recall. And then a couple smaller modes to play through. It's really excellent. I've played thru the whole thing twice.
Ack

by Ack Mon May 12, 2014 9:30 am

noiseredux wrote:
Betagam7 wrote:
Ack wrote:

it saves your progress. There's 99 puzzles in the main mode if I recall. And then a couple smaller modes to play through. It's really excellent. I've played thru the whole thing twice.

Yeah, a VS-CPU mode and an Elimination mode where you have constantly descending and appearing bubbles to contend with for a high score. It's a good game, it's just way too short! In fact, I was surprised at how swiftly I got through it. But then I've been continually surprised at how long many of the NGPC games are.
Return to Other Platforms