New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

Post by emwearz »

Stark wrote:
emwearz wrote:Other than the first I have enjoyed them all, I found the overall cast of ACIII to be the low point of the series, but IV and II stand side by side as the high points in the series for me, but the scope of IV is just amazing.

Interesting, I've heard others say that Revelations was the low of the series.

It was much worse than Brotherhood, but it was quite short, so it was over before it really felt like a grind. Ezio is also ten fold more entertaining a protagonist than Connor.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

emwearz wrote:It was much worse than Brotherhood, but it was quite short, so it was over before it really felt like a grind. Ezio is also ten fold more entertaining a protagonist than Connor.

I'm about halfway through Brotherhood, so I'll set my expectations correctly for Revelations and ACIII. ;)
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

This series is just not challenging enough.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Actually really makes me want to play the series more than I wanted to before...of course I still need a system that can play it which means it might be time before summer ends and try to get a ps3 even though I have a 4 if AC doesn't make it to PS Now....
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Pulsar_t wrote:This series is just not challenging enough.

That was my main problem after brotherhood. The Assassin Guild grunts you could call in completely destroyed the difficulty. Unless you were going for perfect synchronization which was usually really tedious :P there wasn't much challenge outside of a handful of missions.
SirGawain
64-bit

Post by SirGawain »

emwearz wrote:
It was much worse than Brotherhood, but it was quite short, so it was over before it really felt like a grind. Ezio is also ten fold more entertaining a protagonist than Connor.

He really is. He starts out as a entitles asshole and becomes the greatest assassin in hundreds of years. Connor just has a chip on his shoulder and has no idea whats really going on. I am pumped for another one. I was a history major so I get stoked for all of the settings and how in depth they go to be accurate
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm trying hard not to get annoyed by this series, haha. But seriously... I'm probably just going to skip Revelations and III and just jump to Black Flag.

Definitely a lot I liked about II and Brotherhood, but it's also a shame the main plot is probably in shambles at this point and basically pointless. Not that I ever wanted a modern AC or anything like that, but they kind of shot themselves in the foot. As some here have said, Black Flag almost feels like a new IP or something? They probably should have changed the name to something else and just flew with it, otherwise the Matrix plot point is probably going to hold things back and get really tacky. It sounds skippable and very pointless in Black Flag from what others have said apparently, so that's proof already perhaps.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Xeogred wrote:Definitely a lot I liked about II and Brotherhood, but it's also a shame the main plot is probably in shambles at this point and basically pointless.

They pull it back and refine it quite a lot at the end of 3 / start of 4, it is far more focused now, it was going balls up with the modern day stuff.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

emwearz wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Definitely a lot I liked about II and Brotherhood, but it's also a shame the main plot is probably in shambles at this point and basically pointless.

They pull it back and refine it quite a lot at the end of 3 / start of 4, it is far more focused now, it was going balls up with the modern day stuff.

The modern day story line went to crap after 2 :P. I'm still one of those guys who wishes it had just swapped completely to modern day story line after 2. Seemed like they pretty much had Desmond prepared to be a modern day bad ass Assassin at that point and being modern day they could have flown him all over the place to a variety of great locations looking for Artifacts and Templars.

The modern day segments in ACB and ACR seemed pointless, and by ACIII I didn't really give a shit about Desmond anymore since his ancestor's had pretty much taken over as the main focus of the games.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image