NEW RB Server - Forum Upgrade - Some WIP

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: NEW RB Server - Forum Upgrade - Some WIP

Post by Ziggy »

racketboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm I think I fixed it?!?!

Can somebody confirm?
Seems to be working on my end.

Speaking of, and since you were talking about the front page with Anapan... I don't know if you have any changes or tweaks planned for the front page, either soon or at some point in the future, but my suggestion would be trying to find a way to make the active forum topics pop more. Right now I feel like either a lot of people don't scroll down far enough to see it, or a lot of the ones that do scroll down turn a blind eye to it because it sorta looks like the stuff at the bottom of a web page that you ignore.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Working - Thanks. I use the active discussion feature all the time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Ziggy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:13 pm Speaking of, and since you were talking about the front page with Anapan... I don't know if you have any changes or tweaks planned for the front page, either soon or at some point in the future, but my suggestion would be trying to find a way to make the active forum topics pop more. Right now I feel like either a lot of people don't scroll down far enough to see it, or a lot of the ones that do scroll down turn a blind eye to it because it sorta looks like the stuff at the bottom of a web page that you ignore.

I'll keep that in mind, but that would be [for me, at current skill levels] a bit of a longer-term thing. I'm really trying to build my web skills so it will be a good project, but just be patient with me on it :)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Anapan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:21 am Working - Thanks. I use the active discussion feature all the time.
Sweet -- yeah, it's a nice feature and I think it will also help Google crawl the threads that appear on it since it values my home page so much.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

racketboy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:32 am I'll keep that in mind, but that would be [for me, at current skill levels] a bit of a longer-term thing. I'm really trying to build my web skills so it will be a good project, but just be patient with me on it :)
No worries, just a suggestion, not a demand! :D
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I joined the Patreon in 2018 to ask that the dithering be removed via PM in a monetized way. I actually forgot to ask for it. That picture has always been my intention to replace more than anything else. The thorn in my brain that makes visiting this site painful every time. My request has always been a demand. Replace the badly dithered screenshot of Green Hill from Sonic 1. As a 32-bit member I demand it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Just noticed when trying to report a few posts that it leads to a 404 error.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

racketboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:53 am
Anapan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:40 pm
racketboy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:36 pm I had seen this on the Suggestions thread a while back and kept meaning to follow up on it.

I greatly appreciate the offer to pay for artwork and such and, in theory, I really like the idea.

At the same time, I need to figure out what my near-term/long term goals are for the front page layout.

I would hate for you to invest money in custom artwork just to have it not be featured in the same way.

Also, I’d want to make sure that any new artwork fit my visual goals for the front page as well. I realize the current one isn’t ideal and I appreciate your attention to detail, but I just want to be up-front about my concerns as well.
That's fair; When the time comes, I'll cover, or at least chip-in for the art assets bill.

In the mean-time, here's the existing art recreated without dithering & two are much smaller file-size:
https://anapan.ca/anapan/rbstuff/Sonic.png
https://anapan.ca/anapan/rbstuff/Sonic_fix.jpg
https://anapan.ca/anapan/rbstuff/Sonic_ ... ressed.jpg
I appreciate both the sentiment and the replacment sonic art -- I'll add this to my to-do list :)
Looking better now?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

emwearz wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:31 pm Just noticed when trying to report a few posts that it leads to a 404 error.
That one has been reported and is on my to-list -- thanks though!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Much better! Thanks, Nick!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage