Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by RCBH928 »

marurun wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm My cousin is an accountant and loves his work. What are you saying about accountants?
different strokes for different folks
o.pwuaioc wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm He's saying it's not the job for him.
exactly
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

>looks up price of TG16 mini

>...

>looks up price of the newest raspberry pi
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

opa wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:05 am >looks up price of the newest raspberry pi
Those Linux handhelds are getting pretty advanced - The Anbernic RG35XX+ can do HDMI out, and bluetooth controller pairing. I got a dual-analog bluetooth controller for the vertical digital only model to control the PS1, PSP, N64 & Dreamcast games that hugs the sides or controls it when docked.
https://anbernic.com/en-ca/products/rg35xx-plus
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004679527821.html

Or you could get the Horizontal version with analogs built in (same chipset and specs):
https://anbernic.com/en-ca/products/rg35xx-h

Only a bit more than a PI4, and the emulators and user interface are set up already - pretty optimised to use the onboard GPU for the 3D games, and built for gaming on the go or docked - USB controller support and wifi in all versions. Even Moonlight remote game streaming off your PC out of the box if you wanna play GTA5 or whatever on the couch.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

I actually have a pi 3 sitting around. Probably gonna use it for a mame build at some point.
I do have an anbernic 351p (horizontal dual-stick console). Works great.

I do like the look of the "Game Boy" looking anbernics though. I was actually browsing them the other day. :lol:
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

How are the d-pads, thumb-sticks, and buttons on the newer handhelds?
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Are you talking about the multitude amount of portable emulation machines or more traditional handhelds like the Vita and 3DS?
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Gucci wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:47 pm Are you talking about the multitude amount of portable emulation machines or more traditional handhelds like the Vita and 3DS?
I meant in the context of the handheld SBC-based emu devices like the Abernics and the Miyoos.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Ahh. Sorry can’t help there. A YouTuber named Wulff Den may have a review on some of those types of handhelds.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Limewater wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:10 pm
Gucci wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:47 pm Are you talking about the multitude amount of portable emulation machines or more traditional handhelds like the Vita and 3DS?
I meant in the context of the handheld SBC-based emu devices like the Abernics and the Miyoos.
I own this one.

Do you want me to post pics and write up a description comparing to other handheld consoles? It isn't one of the newer ones, however. I think the one anapan linked is the newest.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

opa wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:08 pm
I own this one.

Do you want me to post pics and write up a description comparing to other handheld consoles? It isn't one of the newer ones, however. I think the one anapan linked is the newest.
I'd be interested in a fully write-up, but the thing I really am most curious about is the how happy you are with the d-pad and thumb sticks.

Like, is the d-pad full-size, or is it smaller like on the gba?
Do you have any problems with unintended inputs, like registering down-right when you really just pressed right?
How do the thumb sticks feel?