Found it--->>>Can't find this classic rock song

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Found it--->>>Can't find this classic rock song

Post by o.pwuaioc »

marurun wrote:
MrPopo wrote:One time I was at a Lynyrd Skynyrd show with The Outlaws opening, so I got to experience both "here's a bit of lyrics, then nothing but guitar solos" southern rock epics in one evening.

You couldn't pay me to go to a Lynyrd Skynyrd show. But then, I already said my piece about southern rock...

C'mon, mar, "I'm not normally a fan" can hardly be called your "piece." ;)
marurun

Post by marurun »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
marurun wrote:You couldn't pay me to go to a Lynyrd Skynyrd show. But then, I already said my piece about southern rock...

I'm tryin' to be nice, here! How about this: "No sir, I don't like it."
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Can't find this classic rock song

Post by nightrnr »

marurun wrote:Despite listening to classic rock stations all the time until a few years ago, including when I lived in the south, I've never heard of this band nor this song before. I'm not normally a fan of southern rock, but this particular track is a neat mid-point between southern rock and American progressive rock (which wasn't really much of a thing at the time). I mean, it's a little too guitar-focused to really quality as prog, but it's still interesting.

My taste in music really is all over the place.
I like "Working Man" by Rush, without really being a fan of that band, and yet while Rush IS more prog rock, I like it for similar reasons as "Green Grass and High Tides".
So maybe you're right and there is a crossover on genre there, at least in my ears. I do need to explore prog rock more.

I guess I do like Southern rock though. My Dad liked CCR and it rubbed off on me a bit.
Plus, Southern Rock had a HUGE influence on Country Music in the 90's, which also had a big impact on me, despite rarely listening to country nowadays.

Thanks for the comments guys. This has been fun.
...just another lost soul...
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

marurun wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:
marurun wrote:You couldn't pay me to go to a Lynyrd Skynyrd show. But then, I already said my piece about southern rock...

I'm tryin' to be nice, here! How about this: "No sir, I don't like it."

There you have it folks, straight from the horse's mouth.