Too good for a number scheme, Windows 10 announced for 2015

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Too good for a number scheme, Windows 10 announced for 2

Post by Tanooki »

Kind of pissed but I think I may understand what's going on.

I ran the new update on windows and my pc got slammed hard through 2 reboots, 100% disk again, looked again like it was avast but I don't think it is.

I had to use that OOSU10 when I could finally get into it and saw MS decided to re-activate all their obtrusive spying bullshit again and they flush the index. It also set all my preferences on apps over to their built in garbage too. Once I ran OOSU10, rebooted that, and then went into settings and manually loaded the 'select apps' 'select file extensions' 'select file types' screens and let them index themselves as it loaded the list things happened. I got like 30 pops in the notification area how file types weren't working and reset (conveniently) to their MS junk. Once that all flushed out I put thunderbird, firefox, and for music winamp back in the way and then finally re-enabled avast. Things seem to have cooled off, it's not running 100%. It spiked a few moments, but it was the panel for superfetch and I"m still getting every few minutes or so some comment on a file type or stuff so it's still going a little.

I think Win10 is just shittily set up and eventually when you let it crawl along, or if you coax it a bit as I did, it will grind all that fetching by pretty quick so it can be fast as it wants to on the back end. It's too late for me to bother with a reboot now, but I'll have to see if it sucks in the morning again.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

lol. That's the same article that isiolia linked above that I said I had already read/tried the suggested fix from.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ah sorry, I was on my phone! :lol:
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.