2D Shooters Invade
elvis
128-bit

Re: Border Down

by elvis Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:22 pm

gennss wrote:I hated border down.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I just don't get Border Down. I'm not a hori fan at the best of times, but the game just isn't that exciting for me. Perhaps I'm missing some deep scoring method intricacy, but I find it mediocre at best.

The DC's not shy of shooters, and I think there are heaps of better options. Particularly considering what sort of price Border Down is commanding these days.
RackGaki
128-bit

by RackGaki Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Considering your options are

a) Buying Border Down for $200 or so (some sellers still think it can go for more, but they aren't selling)
or
b) Downloading a copy and burning it to a CD-R... for free.

I believe most people who play Border Down have chosen option "b." Since the money isn't going to G.Rev any longer, I'm not sure that many are disheartened by playing it in such a fashion.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:53 pm

elvis wrote:
gennss wrote:I hated border down.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I just don't get Border Down. I'm not a hori fan at the best of times, but the game just isn't that exciting for me. Perhaps I'm missing some deep scoring method intricacy, but I find it mediocre at best.

The DC's not shy of shooters, and I think there are heaps of better options. Particularly considering what sort of price Border Down is commanding these days.

I just dont like typical shmups. I dont like any genre that refuses to evolve, for that matter. Border Down gets a lot of points from me for being fresh.

I also forgot to mention Psyvariar 2. I fucking love that game, right from the first 15 seconds of play. It's probably the best looking shmup on DC, or tied with Under Defeat.
Probably not the Mozgus you remember. More understanding, more drunk, less irate, less informative.
RackGaki
128-bit

by RackGaki Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:06 pm

I eventually wish to buy Psyvariar 2 for the Xbox, I've only played the DC version so far. Without a doubt, one of the best shoot 'em ups ever.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
Return to Shmups