2D Shooters Invade
env963
128-bit

PS3 Import Shmups

by env963 Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Is there any games out in Japan, that aren't availabe to the U.S. that I should be looking at? I know the ps3 is region free. So far i havent really found anything.
Japhei
64-bit

Re: PS3 Import Shmups

by Japhei Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:02 pm

Unfortunately NO.

Soldnier X is getting a port soon though that maybe be released in the USA.
Meet me online
Xbox Live:
Japheigod (USA),
Trigger Runner (Japan)
PSN: Japhei
Only a couple more shots!!!!
BigTinz
128-bit

by BigTinz Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:34 pm

env963 wrote:Is there any games out in Japan, that aren't availabe to the U.S. that I should be looking at? I know the ps3 is region free. So far i havent really found anything.

That's the reason you haven't found any. Japan Companies want to keep there games in Japan, so they went with the region locked XBOX360.
Japhei
64-bit

by Japhei Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:03 pm

BigTinz wrote:
env963 wrote:Is there any games out in Japan, that aren't availabe to the U.S. that I should be looking at? I know the ps3 is region free. So far i havent really found anything.

That's the reason you haven't found any. Japan Companies want to keep there games in Japan, so they went with the region locked XBOX360.

That is stupid reasoning

If that were the case would we of seen Ikaruga, Shikigami 2 ,3 , And several others make it to US shores.

Wartech Senko No Ronde USA is region free.
Meet me online
Xbox Live:
Japheigod (USA),
Trigger Runner (Japan)
PSN: Japhei
Only a couple more shots!!!!
mrtie
16-bit

by mrtie Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Japhei wrote:
BigTinz wrote:

That is stupid reasoning

If that were the case would we of seen Ikaruga, Shikigami 2 ,3 , And several others make it to US shores.

The issue isn't really what either of you have brought up, this isn't the result of xenophobia, and it has nothing to do with what games we have received though that is getting closer to the heart. Importing games is drop in the bucket in term of game sales TBH, the real reason these games are region locked are simply the fact the companies are holding out for the hope of lucrative publishing deal in the American region, this strategy though doesn't always work as this are very niche titles. In the case of Ikaruga(GC) treasure made cash from Atari etc. In the end it's all the money.
RackGaki
128-bit

by RackGaki Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Most Japanese video game companies want their titles region-locked so they can sell the publishing rights. It's not as complicated as some like to make it out to be.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
BigTinz
128-bit

by BigTinz Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:45 am

Japhei wrote:
BigTinz wrote:

That is stupid reasoning

I'm referring to Sebiu and Cave games....the ones that matter. I guarantee everyone here that cave does NOT want their games coming out over here....for mant reasons.
Return to Shmups